New Cirkus Bearing ?

Everything relating to the ol' fruit box

Moderator: The Kurators

Mr Fixit
Trade Member

Re: New Cirkus Bearing ?

Post by Mr Fixit » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:26 pm

Ok guys, let's just take stock of this please. Nobody needs to get hot under the collar or for that matter over excited as I did on the Linn Forum with this finding. Note to self... Don't post using iPhone Siri when busy with demos! :shock:

Let's do some research first to see/hear what's going on.

KR

Peter
Email: peter@cymbiosis.com
Web: http://www.cymbiosis.com

Red Chris

Post by Red Chris » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:19 pm

Oh dear, does this mean that when the ChordMusic trounced the Sarum T last week the more musical LP12 might actually have had a better bearing.... or might not? Or could it have been the other way around :lol:

Anyway, it does not make my deck sound worse 8)
Currently Cymbiosis LP12 Woodsong Wenge, Klimax Radikal/Chord Sarum T, Keel/A, Khan, Tranquility, Urika/Chord SSA, Aro, sKale, Lyra Kleos SL - Sondek owner since 1982 - the rest is Naim, Chord and Kudos 8)

Coyote Jim
Site Moderator

Post by Coyote Jim » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:28 pm

My deck definately doesnt sound any worse as its been setup to the best of my fettlers ability with what was known to be current spec at the time.
Can't say I'm not miffed for him as much as me not to have known as my upgrades might have taken a different installation timetable.
No doubt as usual he will have to take the flak on broad shoulders and rise above the murky depths.
I can't believe some dealers knew this and it was never in constant discussion from that time onwards. :smt017
There's no way this could have been announced it's the biggest fundamental thing about the deck and would be a constant subject of conversation.
We get constant pages of posts about screws nuts and bolt changes ill never believe they changed the bearing and announced it. :smt009
"Cymbiosis"
Analogue Klimax LP12, Linn CD, Analogue Linn Amp, Kudos Speakers. 8) :smt023
Coyote Jim :wink:

Mr Fixit
Trade Member

Post by Mr Fixit » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:43 pm

Red Chris wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:19 pm
Oh dear, does this mean that when the ChordMusic trounced the Sarum T last week the more musical LP12 might actually have had a better bearing.... or might not? Or could it have been the other way around :lol:

Anyway, it does not make my deck sound worse 8)

:smt001 Not. They are Harban plinthed LP12s originally built by me in Hotel St, so I know those are all the same. But this is the point Chris and why I need to check all 20 of my demo LP12s.

KR

Peter

Red Chris

New Cirkus Bearing!

Post by Red Chris » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:20 pm

If Richard's bearing was showing signs of wear, and a replacement was the logical option, it might also give some insight to his Tranquility ambivalence? Just a thought :wink:
Currently Cymbiosis LP12 Woodsong Wenge, Klimax Radikal/Chord Sarum T, Keel/A, Khan, Tranquility, Urika/Chord SSA, Aro, sKale, Lyra Kleos SL - Sondek owner since 1982 - the rest is Naim, Chord and Kudos 8)

Wenge1
Queue Moderator

Post by Wenge1 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:53 pm

I'm not hot under the collar but I'm in the same camp as Jim .......... I think that every dealer should have been informed and we all could have gone on from there.
Harban 'Wenge' Cymbiosis Signature LP12, Klimax Radikal / Urika, Karmen, Tranquility, Rubikon, Ekos SE, Skale, Krystal. Sarum Super Array IC's. Chord Signature speaker cable

dCS Puccini CD Player

KK/1(D), Klimax Twin (D), ProAc Response D2's

Red Chris

Post by Red Chris » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:26 am

Wenge1 wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:53 pm
I think that every dealer should have been informed and we all could have gone on from there.
I think that I must be wired differently. I am rather pleased that Linn wisely chose not to exploit people's insecurities by trumpeting a difference resulting from continuous improvement as a sea change in performance - if it ain't broke etc... #RESPECT

Wenge1
Queue Moderator

Post by Wenge1 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:42 pm

Red Chris wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:26 am
Wenge1 wrote:
I think that every dealer should have been informed and we all could have gone on from there.
I think that I must be wired differently. I am rather pleased that Linn wisely chose not to exploit people's insecurities by trumpeting a difference resulting from continuous improvement as a sea change in performance - if it ain't broke etc... #RESPECT

I can handle my own insecurities. I don't need Linn to do that ............ :smt018

But hey, I ain't losing sleep or anything else over it either ............ :smt023
Harban 'Wenge' Cymbiosis Signature LP12, Klimax Radikal / Urika, Karmen, Tranquility, Rubikon, Ekos SE, Skale, Krystal. Sarum Super Array IC's. Chord Signature speaker cable

dCS Puccini CD Player

KK/1(D), Klimax Twin (D), ProAc Response D2's

Mr Fixit
Trade Member

Re: New Cirkus Bearing!

Post by Mr Fixit » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:06 am

Red Chris wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:20 pm
If Richard's bearing was showing signs of wear, and a replacement was the logical option,

This is what I wondered in my post in the Blue place but Richard indicated it was fine

Mr Fixit
Trade Member

Post by Mr Fixit » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:09 am

Wenge1 wrote:
I'm not hot under the collar but I'm in the same camp as Jim .......... I think that every dealer should have been informed and we all could have gone on from there.

There may have been notification, I have no recollection of it but did have my hands very full during 2014 and just missed it.

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer