Linn Ekos Counterweight?

Everything relating to the ol' fruit box

Moderator: The Kurators

FangfossFlyer

Linn Ekos Counterweight?

Post by FangfossFlyer » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:11 pm

I heard that a Linn have a new heavier counterweight for the Ekos apparently designed for heavier cartridges and fitting closer to the spindle.

Not sure how new this news is but anybody using it or heard it compared to existing options?

Richard
"When the music's over, Turn out the lights"
Linn LP12-Naim-B&W

Mr Onion
Site Moderator

Re: Linn Ekos Counterweight?

Post by Mr Onion » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:54 pm

I am afraid I can't help directly Richard, just give my observations on using the sKale

I first used it with my ITTOK LVIII where it was great improvement over the standard CW, although the position on the stub was about the same.

When I got the SE I obviously continued to use it, but as there was more space on the stub I could use the extra weight to move it nearer the pivot.

... and yes,it sounds better (I can't remember what the 'better' was, but it stayed in place and has done ever since)

If I could be arsed, I suppose I could go up in the loft to get the SE CW and do an ABA, but I can't :p
James

Fluted Afro LP12, Khan, Kore, Cirkus, Tranquillity, Trampolin2, Radikal (with Allium Skin Mods), EKOS SE/1, sKale, DVXX-2mkII, HoL Mat

Lots of black boxes connected with bits of damp string.

Red Chris

Post by Red Chris » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:10 pm

Mr Onion wrote: ↑
Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:54 pm
If I could be arsed, I suppose I could go up in the loft to get the SE CW and do an ABA, but I can't :p
Tut tut :D - attention to detail is paramount :smt023
Cymbiosis LP12 Woodsong Wenge, Klimax Radikal/Chord Sarum T, Keel/A, Khan, Tranquility, Urika/Chord SSA, Aro, sKale, Krystal - Sondek owner since 1982 - the rest is Naim Chord and Kudos 8)

Mr Fixit
Trade Member

Post by Mr Fixit » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:10 pm

FangfossFlyer wrote: ↑
Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:11 pm
I heard that a Linn have a new heavier counterweight for the Ekos apparently designed for heavier cartridges and fitting closer to the spindle.

Not sure how new this news is but anybody using it or heard it compared to existing options?

Richard

Richard,

Ironically it came out the very same week that the Skale was launched, so quite a time ago.
Email: peter@cymbiosis.com
Web: http://www.cymbiosis.com

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer