New Urika and Lingo rumours???

Everything relating to the ol' fruit box

Moderator: The Kurators

Red Chris

Re: New Urika and Lingo rumours???

Post by Red Chris » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:01 pm

FangfossFlyer wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:33 pm
Naim has confirmed its existence. Will be shown at The Bristol show but not played.
So they have announced its existence because of a leak in the US, saying that it is planned for release "this year" - I don't think that I will hold my breath based on recent evidence
Currently Cymbiosis LP12 Woodsong Wenge, Klimax Radikal/Chord Sarum T, Keel/A, Khan, Tranquility, Urika/Chord SSA, Aro, sKale, Lyra Kleos SL - Sondek owner since 1982 - the rest is Naim, Chord and Kudos 8)

evil_C

Post by evil_C » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:59 pm

It’s going to have to be something special to improve upon the sound of the existing NDS. I assume Naim is not just releasing it for connectivity benefits. I wonder how many power supply options it will have?

Red Chris

Post by Red Chris » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:40 pm

I would expect it to significantly improve on the NDS (which ...... No that's mean so I won't say it). It looks as though a 555PS would be a minimum requirement. I do like the look but it is not on my wish list.
Currently Cymbiosis LP12 Woodsong Wenge, Klimax Radikal/Chord Sarum T, Keel/A, Khan, Tranquility, Urika/Chord SSA, Aro, sKale, Lyra Kleos SL - Sondek owner since 1982 - the rest is Naim, Chord and Kudos 8)

Mr Fixit
Trade Member

Post by Mr Fixit » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:05 pm

Red Chris wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:01 pm
FangfossFlyer wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:33 pm
Naim has confirmed its existence. Will be shown at The Bristol show but not played.
So they have announced its existence because of a leak in the US, saying that it is planned for release "this year" - I don't think that I will hold my breath based on recent evidence

Sorry I haven't been about much lately. A combination of work and family issues keeping me very busy. So bacck I come and I've missed much of the action it seems! :(

Oh dear some dealers just can't keep their mouths shut it seems!! :shock:

Anyway, the new 555 Naim streamer is some way off I believe, so yes don't hold your breath as you may turn Blue!

As for the other side (of the border so to speak) another dealer leaked the new products for the LP12 which have been on the cards for a while actually and no Boron cantilevers Chris although it has been suggested.............

The new Lingo 4 and Urika 2 will ship to the UK next week I hope as I have pencilled in Saturday 24th to have an open day to show them - Please keep an eye on our news page and I'll post here once I'm certain I will have stock - No waiting for months on this, just days or maybe a week I hope.

The Lingo looks very keenly priced at about £100.00 more than the Lingo 3 as it also includes the new motor!!

As for the Urika 2, well I have complained as it could have been called a Ureka E (Exakt) or D (Digital) as 2 implies Urika one is obsolete and it's most certainly not. I expect to sell far more Urika 1s than Urika 2s although the option is nice for DS/DSM and Exakt owners, so panic Mr Mainwearing :lol:

Bye for now,

Peter
Email: peter@cymbiosis.com
Web: http://www.cymbiosis.com

Dave J

Post by Dave J » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:10 pm

I did a comparison recently between an NDS and a Linn KDS/3 and the NDS wasn’t really up to it. For anyone who loves the sound of their LP12, I’d be surprised if they preferred the NDS.

Red Chris

Post by Red Chris » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:40 pm

I’m not sure that I would get a pass for the 24th as well :wink:

vincent

Post by vincent » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:44 pm

Mr Fixit wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:05 pm

As for the Urika 2, well I have complained as it could have been called a Ureka E (Exakt) or D (Digital) as 2 implies Urika one is obsolete and it's most certainly not.

Bye for now,

Peter

Indeed! Assuming that Urika E is a no-brainer upgrade for my LP12/Exakt Akubarik system, I'm hoping that there will be p/ex or other second hand market value for my Urika I + Chord Sarum Super Arays. :roll:

Coyote Jim
Site Moderator

Post by Coyote Jim » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:30 pm

I can see a very buoyant trade in market in Urika 1 for those wanting to follow the Exakt route.
Check out the quality dealers and remember due to the location of the devices it's more than likely they will be in very good condition.
8) :smt023
"Cymbiosis"
Klimax LP12, Linn CD, Linn Amp, Kudos Speakers.
Coyote Jim :wink:

Mr Onion
Site Moderator

Post by Mr Onion » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:57 pm

I know, I know. Mrs O is getting fed up already :roll:

Now, if I buy a S/H Urika, that means I have saved some money, therefore the KEEL will also be discounted (man math at work)
James

Fluted Afro LP12, Khan, KEEL, Cirkus, Tranquillity, Urika, Radikal (with Allium Skin Mods), EKOS SE/1, sKale, DVXX-2mkII
Consonance Ref 2.2 Linear (upgraded) with Marigo Lab Aida CD Mat
NACish 72, NAPish 250, Kudos Super 20's

Coyote Jim
Site Moderator

Post by Coyote Jim » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:15 pm

Mr Onion wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:57 pm
I know, I know. Mrs O is getting fed up already :roll:

Now, if I buy a S/H Urika, that means I have saved some money, therefore the KEEL will also be discounted (man math at work)
image.jpeg
If your names not on the list you're not getting in. :smt036
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Cymbiosis"
Klimax LP12, Linn CD, Linn Amp, Kudos Speakers.
Coyote Jim :wink:

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer