Where is peter?

Everything relating to the ol' fruit box

Moderator: The Kurators

Derosa

Where is peter?

Post by Derosa » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:08 am

I haven’t seen peter lately on this forum I phoned the shop recently and both times Wayne answered
I had started wondering where he was until walking down a street on holiday in Portugal today I think I have the answer
He has opened a bar here :mrg:
The drinks were ok but the background music was sounding amazing
Tony
Walnut LP12 Keell Ekos SE/1 Krystal Urika Radikal
TP Tranquility and Skale
Avondale grad 1 Tpx2 M2 monos biamping neat Momentum 3i all supported by mana :smt020

Coyote Jim
Site Moderator

Re: Where is peter?

Post by Coyote Jim » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:15 am

image.jpeg
I thought he had started making music rather than reproducing it.
Great album. 8) :smt023
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Cymbiosis"
Analogue Klimax LP12, Linn CD, Analogue Linn Amp, Kudos Speakers. 8) :smt023
Coyote Jim :wink:

FangfossFlyer

Post by FangfossFlyer » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:57 pm

Perhaps he is tied up in trying to decide whether he prefers Tiger Paw's Stratos over Tangerine Audio's Stiletto or really does he actually prefer a standard Linn top plate and plinth after all...... :smt017

Only joking.... all the best Peter and more power to your elbow! :D

Richard
"When the music's over, Turn out the lights"
Linn LP12-Naim-B&W

dan steel
Queue Moderator

Post by dan steel » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:56 pm

[ external image ]
Hope he’s spinning this fine album from 1974 while he’s fettling. 8)
None foreign parts LP12 - Naim CD - Naim Amplication - Kudos Speakers.

Coyote Jim
Site Moderator

Post by Coyote Jim » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:00 pm

image.jpeg
Diggin some retro Jazz "Nice" :smt030
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Cymbiosis"

Mr Fixit
Trade Member

Post by Mr Fixit » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:27 pm

Ha! Thanks guys and I have been pretty darn busy recently and not meant to neglect you here on the Kabin even if it's taken me two months to spot this thread :roll:

Partly the reason for my absence has been the amazing interest and take up of the new Lingo 4 and Urika 2 along with Linn's launch promotion offer. This has taken me allover the UK as well as being really busy here at Cymbiosis.

Back in late February I visited Coyote Jim in Scotland as you may have spotted from his recent posts, then during March I barely escaped from the shop except for a trip to Essex. April was a bit mad as on consecutive weekends I was away installing LP12s in the Channel Islands and then Northern France and then the following Sunday I found myself in Hanoi! :) From there I traveled in Vietnam to Hue and Ho Chi Minh City before heading to Phnom Penn in Cambodia and finally Siem Reap to see the wonderful Angkor Wat complex. Yes for the first time in a long time I had a non working holiday in SE Asia enjoying the sights, sounds, culture and of course food in this wonderful part of the world.
Returning to the UK in early May I was in full catch-up mode and have been pretty much ever since. A couple of weeks ago I was in Vienna again and this time setting up an active DBL system and installing a Tangerine Stiletto, Skorpion and Eklipse as well as installing a brand new, straight from production Tiger Paw Javelin top. Just an awesome sounding system 8)
More catch-up this week and then on Monday I'll be just above the Peak District installing yet another LP12! A busy week then awaits before heading off to Exeter to install another new LP12 on Sunday 17th! (sadly no Le Mans for me this year - I'll just have to make do with watching the TV coverage) :(
After the 19th things are a bit quieter, but not much as we have a 45 Birthday Party to organise for the LP12 and then an ND555 musical event too!

It's nice to be so busy and thank you for your patience here!

Anyway, I'll post a few pictures here and on the "Peter's travel thread" very soon as I hope it will be of interest and I'll try not to be away from these parts for so long next time!!

Many thanks and kind regards,

Peter
Email: peter@cymbiosis.com
Web: http://www.cymbiosis.com

Mr Onion
Site Moderator

Post by Mr Onion » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:19 pm

Quite year then Peter :wink:

I wonder how you manage to fit the 'shop work' in
James

Fluted Afro LP12, Khan, KEEL, Cirkus, Tranquillity, Urika, Radikal (with Allium Skin Mods), EKOS SE/1, sKale, DVXX-2mkII
Consonance Ref 2.2 Linear (upgraded)
NACish 72, NAPish 250, Kudos Super 20's

vincent

Post by vincent » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:51 pm

Mr Fixit wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:27 pm

... Partly the reason for my absence has been the amazing interest and take up of the new Lingo 4 and Urika 2 along with Linn's launch promotion offer ...

I'm wondering Peter whether you've had the chance to listen to the Kleos SL against Kandid via Urika II?
I'm still deliberating on this choice (Linn Kandid vs Lyra Kleos SL)

I know that I'm going to have to pay you a visit if I want to experience this comparison :smt020

Coyote Jim
Site Moderator

Post by Coyote Jim » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:31 pm

image.jpeg
Looks like Peter has been busy training for the olympics. :wink: :smt005
"Cymbiosis"

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer