Red Button LP12 - Hercules PSU

Everything relating to the ol' fruit box

Moderator: The Kurators

Natara

Red Button LP12 - Hercules PSU

Post by Natara » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:41 am

I'm finding swapping the pulley over everytime I want to play 45rpm records which I do a lot a bit of a bore with my 33rpm only Red Button Sondek.

Has anyone tried the Hercules on an older Sondek are they even compatible or are there any cheaper alternatives as I'm really trying to keep thecost down on this deck?

Thanks again
LP12/cirkus/lingo/ittok/Dynavector 20x2L, Trichord Dino/NCPSU/Liv Zen/Chord 2Qute/282/300/Dual TedddyCap/Chord Crimson/Nac A5/ Dynaudio Contour s3.4
2nd system 1978 LP12/FR12/Dynavector 20x2L/Olive 102/180/Dual Teddy Cap.

Coyote Jim
Site Moderator

Re: Red Button LP12 - Hercules PSU

Post by Coyote Jim » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:08 am

Might be a good idea to contact a very experienced dealer to find out if something might be sitting about.
Much better prices and quality service than auction sites there are a few around but the best connected dealer I know is mine. 8) :smt023
See sig Below :wink:
"Cymbiosis"
Analogue Klimax LP12, Linn CD, Analogue Linn Amp, Kudos Speakers. 8) :smt023
Coyote Jim :wink:

Mr Fixit
Trade Member

Post by Mr Fixit » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:25 am

Hi,
Hercules certainly will do the job for you but there are a couple of things you will need to be aware of.
Firstly you will need a new crossmember and these cost £20 including VAT as your existing crossmember does not have the correct whole arrangement. The plastic stand-offs are just a couple of pounds from memory and Hercules is £230.
Secondly, what baseboard are using on your LP 12? It’s just with some earlier plinths which are very slightly shallower the capacitors on the Hercules could touch the baseboard. There is not much written anywhere documenting the effects of this but if this was to be the case you may wish to leave the baseboard off but of course this does mean that if the turntable was lifted up potentially dangerous voltages would be exposed.

We have Hercules, stand-offs and crossmember all in stock if this helps you. All you need to do is email us at the shop.
Best regards, Peter
Email: peter@cymbiosis.com
Web: http://www.cymbiosis.com

Craig Lang
Banned

Post by Craig Lang » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:39 am

Just a thought,
Why not just have one deck and make it a really good one instead of throwing money at two old ones.

Coyote Jim
Site Moderator

Post by Coyote Jim » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:05 pm

+1 What he ^ said. 8) :smt023
"Cymbiosis"
Analogue Klimax LP12, Linn CD, Analogue Linn Amp, Kudos Speakers. 8) :smt023
Coyote Jim :wink:

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer