Everything relating to the ol' fruit box

Moderator: The Kurators

Craig Lang
Banned

Re: Off to Ratae Corieltauvorum*

Post by Craig Lang » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:30 pm

Nice one James,
Enjoy your new record collection.
Just out of interest did you get any trade against your bent DVXX2mk2?

Mr Onion
Site Moderator

Post by Mr Onion » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:33 pm

Craig Lang wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:30 pm
Nice one James,
Enjoy your new record collection.
Just out of interest did you get any trade against your bent DVXX2mk2?

Peter charged me the Exchange price which I am forwarding to the Insurance Company. They can hardly complain of a £250ish discount
James

Fluted Afro LP12, Khan, KEEL, Cirkus, Tranquillity, Urika, Radikal (with Allium Skin Mods), EKOS SE/1, sKale, DVXX-2mkII
Consonance Ref 2.2 Linear (upgraded) with Marigo Lab Aida CD Mat
NACish 72, NAPish 250, Kudos Super 20's

Coyote Jim
Site Moderator

Post by Coyote Jim » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:49 pm

Mr Onion wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:19 pm
Out of interest Peter swapped my HoL mat for a LINN one. The difference was obvious from the first note, but I preferred the HoL and Peter preferred the LINN. Maybe thats because what we are used to, but I feel theres going to be some experimentation once this lot is run in.

Ah but you can still get a new Linn Mat. :smt020
Get the proper one on and let the synergy flow.its all good. 8) :smt023
You forgot to change the end of your signature. :oops: :wink:
"Cymbiosis"
Klimax LP12, Linn CD, Linn Amp, Kudos Speakers.
Coyote Jim :wink:

Mr Onion
Site Moderator

Post by Mr Onion » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:09 pm

Only five albums in and its settling nicely. How can I descrive the improvement?

Well, as I said before the noise floor has, well, fallen through the floor. Surface noise as well as the general background is far lower. As for the music, veils lifted, curtains dropped blah blah you know the words by now. Its just so much better in all aspects.

Thanks again to Peter (for his magic) Wayne (for the coffee) and Phil (for the chat) and everyone for being simply the best.

... and not forgetting Peters Pixies for replacing my record collection

PS ... and some HF distortion that I took to be from the Keilidhs has gone as well. Just goes to show that I know nuffink
James

Fluted Afro LP12, Khan, KEEL, Cirkus, Tranquillity, Urika, Radikal (with Allium Skin Mods), EKOS SE/1, sKale, DVXX-2mkII

Wenge1
Queue Moderator

Post by Wenge1 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:41 pm

Mr Onion wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:09 pm
Only five albums in and its settling nicely. How can I descrive the improvement?

Well, as I said before the noise floor has, well, fallen through the floor. Surface noise as well as the general background is far lower. As for the music, veils lifted, curtains dropped blah blah you know the words by now. Its just so much better in all aspects.

Thanks again to Peter (for his magic) Wayne (for the coffee) and Phil (for the chat) and everyone for being simply the best.

... and not forgetting Peters Pixies for replacing my record collection

PS ... and some HF distortion that I took to be from the Keilidhs has gone as well. Just goes to show that I know nuffink

Great to hear your thrilled with your new additions James. Who would have thought that banjaxing your cart would lead to a Keel/Urika ...... 8) ........ I'm a big fan of the Urika myself ............. :smt020
Harban 'Wenge' Cymbiosis Signature LP12, Klimax Radikal / Urika, Karmen, Tranquility, Rubikon, Ekos SE, Skale, Krystal. Sarum Super Array IC's. Chord Signature speaker cable

dCS Puccini CD Player

KK/1(D), Klimax Twin (D), ProAc Response D2's

Mr Onion
Site Moderator

Post by Mr Onion » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:03 pm

Thanks Adam, I had 'planned (well hoped) to get the Urika/Keel this year, but it wouldn't have happened if I wasn't forced to visit Peters.

10 hours under their belt and everything is sounding simply better (DV XX, Urika, Shawlines all need 'burning in') Guess I had better spin a few more platters to get the hours up :smt023
James

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer