turntable mats

Everything relating to the ol' fruit box

Moderator: The Kurators

red kite

Re: turntable mats

Post by red kite » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:05 pm

grimreaper46 wrote:
red kite wrote:mr carlton has made a very valid point about comparing a new Linn mat with an worn out Linn mat :smt045

A couple of months ago i was shocked how much better my new Linn mat was compared to my old knackered 5 year old one :shock:

And don't forget Linn actually sell two mat options, one is a bargain 15 quid, but i chose their more expensive option which iirc is about £180 and comes with a very handy free new platter :D
£18 + vat and £200 + vat.
Thanks, Grim

i don't have my invoice to hand - think i put it in the empty Radikal box which is stored up in the loft, ...toxic ichycoo insulation, mice infestations, and baking heat, demons, the harshest environment known to womankind - i'm not going up there if i don't have to! :roll:

Jazz Club

Post by Jazz Club » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:06 pm

grimreaper46 wrote:
red kite wrote:mr carlton has made a very valid point about comparing a new Linn mat with an worn out Linn mat :smt045

A couple of months ago i was shocked how much better my new Linn mat was compared to my old knackered 5 year old one :shock:

And don't forget Linn actually sell two mat options, one is a bargain 15 quid, but i chose their more expensive option which iirc is about £180 and comes with a very handy free new platter :D
Bob,

A new Linn mat costs £13.65 +VAT =£16.38 inc VAT.

Your new platter price is wrong also. :smt018

Coyote Jim
Site Moderator

Post by Coyote Jim » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:10 pm

red kite wrote:The empty Radikal box which is stored up in the loft, ...toxic ichycoo insulation, mice infestations, and baking heat, demons, the harshest environment known to womankind - i'm not going up there if i don't have to! :roll:
Debbie I was up there last night digging out stuff for Peter.
Can't wait to go up again because I will be storing my Radikal Urika and Kore boxes up there soon.
:smt026 :smt020 8) :smt023
"Cymbiosis"
Analogue Klimax LP12, Linn CD, Analogue Linn Amp, Kudos Speakers. 8) :smt023
Coyote Jim :wink:

red kite

Post by red kite » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:12 pm

We need Peter to give us the price check! :smt001

grimreaper46

Post by grimreaper46 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:12 pm

Carlton the door man wrote:
grimreaper46 wrote:

Bob,

Well that's not what I was informed by the Linn dealer off the April 2014 price list but I am no expert. For a bit of felt woth 50p like all products (and that includes the HoL matt) well over priced.
LP12 (now with the special Peter Swain magic touch and a Kore and T-Cable) for analogue, Majik Aktiv System for digital

A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory

Live Long And Prosper

red kite

Post by red kite » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:16 pm

Coyote Jim wrote:
red kite wrote:The empty Radikal box which is stored up in the loft, ...toxic ichycoo insulation, mice infestations, and baking heat, demons, the harshest environment known to womankind - i'm not going up there if i don't have to! :roll:
Can't wait to go up again because I will be storing my Radikal Urika and Kore boxes up there soon.
Congrats, Jim!

you're gunna be so happy with the Rad n Urik :smt023

Jazz Club

Post by Jazz Club » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:19 pm

grimreaper46 wrote:
Carlton the door man wrote:
grimreaper46 wrote:

Bob,

Well that's not what I was informed by the Linn dealer off the April 2014 price list but I am no expert. For a bit of felt woth 50p like all products (and that includes the HoL matt) well over priced.
I just got the price from Peter @ cymbiosis.

Mr Onion
Site Moderator

Post by Mr Onion » Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:06 pm

Coyote Jim wrote:
*wonders what Jim was doing up in Debbies loft* :shock:
James

Fluted Afro LP12, Khan, KEEL, Cirkus, Tranquillity, Urika, Radikal (with Allium Skin Mods), EKOS SE/1, sKale, DVXX-2mkII
Consonance Ref 2.2 Linear (upgraded)
NACish 72, NAPish 250, Kudos Super 20's

Jazz Club

Post by Jazz Club » Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:14 pm

Debs,
Hope you have plenty of room up there for all those new Fraim boxes?

Mr Fixit
Trade Member

Post by Mr Fixit » Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:25 pm

red kite wrote:We need Peter to give us the price check! :smt001
If anyone wants to know a Linn or a Naim spares price..... No problem, just PM me or post the question here and I'll find out and en devour to get back to you pretty promptly.

This is really important given the silly inflated prices you see on some websites or auction sites (mainly 3rd party traders and not Linn approved Retailers IMHO)

For example the cross member (otherwise known as the wire strap) for the LP12................ A second-hand one sold last year for £60.00....... The price via a Linn retailer for a brand new one is £15.05 + VAT..... So call it £18.00!

If in doubt, please ask.

KR

Peter
Email: peter@cymbiosis.com
Web: http://www.cymbiosis.com

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer