Linn Karousel

Everything relating to the ol' fruit box

Moderators: The Krew, The Kurators

Fruitbox

Re: Linn Karousel

Post by Fruitbox »

Thanks very much for the welcome and the helpful comments! I have been offered a most excellent deal on the K + K and particularly in the light comments from of ex Tq enjoyers I phoned Loud and Clear Glasgow, to reserve the K and K. I had noticed that you Vincent seemed to hear what I heard with the Tq in an earlier post. But travel restrictions mean it may be some time before I go on the 200 mile round trip to get the happy work done. Don’t mind waiting since my deck sounds great already! Cheers guys and thanks again for the help.
vincent

Post by vincent »

Fruitbox wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:50 pm Thanks very much for the welcome and the helpful comments! I have been offered a most excellent deal on the K + K and particularly in the light comments from of ex Tq enjoyers I phoned Loud and Clear Glasgow, to reserve the K and K. I had noticed that you Vincent seemed to hear what I heard with the Tq in an earlier post. But travel restrictions mean it may be some time before I go on the 200 mile round trip to get the happy work done. Don’t mind waiting since my deck sounds great already! Cheers guys and thanks again for the help.
Having been told I don't have to worry about this anymore, I'm still interested in what the Tq was doing to improve the Cirkus, and whether an appropriately implemented magnetic levitation design might similarly benefit the Karousel. Also what Linn thought of the Tq. :smt017
LP12 (Tiger Paw Stratos, sKale; Karousel, Keel, KRadikal, Ekos SE, Exakt 2, Lyra Kleos SL); Exakt DSM; Exakt Akubariks 2.
Wenge1
Queue Moderator

Post by Wenge1 »

Fruitbox wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:50 pm Thanks very much for the welcome and the helpful comments! I have been offered a most excellent deal on the K + K and particularly in the light comments from of ex Tq enjoyers I phoned Loud and Clear Glasgow, to reserve the K and K. I had noticed that you Vincent seemed to hear what I heard with the Tq in an earlier post. But travel restrictions mean it may be some time before I go on the 200 mile round trip to get the happy work done. Don’t mind waiting since my deck sounds great already! Cheers guys and thanks again for the help.
Hi Bruce, I went from a Rubikon/Tranquility to a Keel + Karousel a few months ago and so it's exactly what you are contemplating - there is write up about this earlier in this thread. The short version is get it as soon you can mate - you wont regret it at all ..... :smt023
LP12 - Klimax Radikal/Urika, Karousel, Keel, Karmen, Ekos SE, Skale, Kandid
CD Player - dCS Puccini CD Player + Scarlatti Master Clock
Amps - KK/1(D), Klimax Twin (D)
Speakers - Triangle Magellan Duetto on Track Audio 600 stands
Cables - Chord Sarum Super Arrays + Kudos KS-1 speaker cable
Red Chris

Post by Red Chris »

I was planning to put the Cirkus from my main deck into my study deck, but the difference that the Karousel makes is so profound that I’ve decided that the study needs a Karousel too :smt023
Cymbiosis Tangerine LP12 Karousel Klimax Radikal/Chord Sarum T, Keel/A, Urika/Chord Sarum T, Aro, sKale, Lyra Kleos SL - Sondek owner since 1982 - the rest is very Naim and Kudos
dan steel
Queue Moderator

Post by dan steel »

Red Chris wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:47 pm I was planning to put the Cirkus from my main deck into my study deck, but the difference that the Karousel makes is so profound that I’ve decided that the study needs a Karousel too :smt023
Yes you could sell your Cirkus on and bang the cash off the Karousel. :smt023
LINN - LP12 - Radikal - Urika - Keel - Karousel - EkosSE/1 - Kandid - Collaro Audio mat, Linn Mat
NAIM - CD5si - Supernait 3, HiCap DR
KUDOS X3 - Speakers
KUDOS KS-1 - Speaker cable
FOCAL Elegia - Headphones
AKG K-702 - Headphones
DIY - Solid oak rack
evil_C

Post by evil_C »

Or you could knock the top of the spindle off, invert it and there you have it - the Linn ashtray!

That’s what the Linn technician did to my pre-Cirkus inner platter :shock:
dan steel
Queue Moderator

Post by dan steel »

evil_C wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:45 am Or you could knock the top of the spindle off, invert it and there you have it - the Linn ashtray!

LINN - LP12 - Radikal - Urika - Keel - Karousel - EkosSE/1 - Kandid - Collaro Audio mat, Linn Mat
NAIM - CD5si - Supernait 3, HiCap DR
KUDOS X3 - Speakers
KUDOS KS-1 - Speaker cable
FOCAL Elegia - Headphones
AKG K-702 - Headphones
DIY - Solid oak rack
Coyote Jim
Site Moderator

Post by Coyote Jim »

dan steel wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:59 am
evil_C wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:45 am Or you could knock the top of the spindle off, invert it and there you have it - the Linn ashtray!

I've seen a couple of old hubs with the short spindle knocked off and used as a fruit bowl.
Cool metal and leaning bananas. :oops: :shock:
Turntable - LP12, Cirkus, Keel, Ekos SE/1, Kandid, K-Radikal, Urika.
Amplifier - Linn Majik I Integrated Dynamik.
CD Player - Linn Majik CD.
Speakers - Kudos X3.
Cables - Linn Silvers & K200 Black.
Support - Target TT4.
Wenge1
Queue Moderator

Post by Wenge1 »

Coyote Jim wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:21 am Cool metal and leaning bananas. :oops: :shock:
Sounds like a logo you have on the outside of your underpants Jim .............. :smt005
LP12 - Klimax Radikal/Urika, Karousel, Keel, Karmen, Ekos SE, Skale, Kandid
CD Player - dCS Puccini CD Player + Scarlatti Master Clock
Amps - KK/1(D), Klimax Twin (D)
Speakers - Triangle Magellan Duetto on Track Audio 600 stands
Cables - Chord Sarum Super Arrays + Kudos KS-1 speaker cable
evil_C

Post by evil_C »

And here we have the second part of the Linn offer. I’ve tried to capture the ‘free’ Karousel bearing and the enabling Kandid in one shot:

Yesterday afternoon, in pretty lousy driving conditions, I took the Aro for another trip up the Fosse Way to Cymbiosis to have the Kandid installed. It seemed pointless taking my turntable back as well just to have the height of the arm pillar adjusted to suit the new (taller) cartridge, since it had been set up just a week previously when the Karousel was installed. Peter gave me an extended lesson in setting the pillar height, as well as other general Aro set-up tips, so I could do it myself at home.

Below I show a couple of photos taken by Peter yesterday of the Kandid installation and how he managed to fit the four flying leads from the cartridge, together with the arm leads and connector pins in the small space between the rear of the cartridge and the front end of the arm tube. Neat job!

The Kandid is rather good, isn’t it?!
HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer