The Secret Agent

The magic moving image

Moderator: The Kurators

MHmusic

Re: The Secret Agent

Post by MHmusic » Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:24 pm

Jazz Club wrote:I don't understand what you mean by My lack of subtlety ?
I'm world renown for my subtlety.
I've got a first class honours in Kofi Annan from the university of do as you like California.
Probably one of the most subtle people I don't know.

MHmusic

Post by MHmusic » Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:26 pm

Well I don't want to spoil it for anyone but I loved the bit with the naked trapeze artists, the Polar bear and the frying pan. It was a real hoot watching the bear try to crack the eggs. I never even saw the Minestrone coming but it was a belter of an ending. The butler of course did the deed and beat goes on....

Jazz Club

Post by Jazz Club » Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:16 pm

Its been one of the first thrillers I've seen for years where i haven't worked out the ending.
The narrative seemed so simple and straight forward until the last episode when it all fell into place for a few scenes.
Then it still all changed right at the end. :smt023
Very clever writing and a great cast of actors and production team :smt023
I hope it wins some awards next year when the award shows come around.
PS,
The one major thing i really loved about The Secret Agent besides its quality was,
It wasn't dragged out over weeks and weeks,It was all done and dusted in under a month. :smt023

Jazz Club

Post by Jazz Club » Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:25 pm

MHmusic wrote:Well I don't want to spoil it for anyone but I loved the bit with the naked trapeze artists, the Polar bear and the frying pan. It was a real hoot watching the bear try to crack the eggs. I never even saw the Minestrone coming but it was a belter of an ending. The butler of course did the deed and beat goes on....
I liked the women extra in pink. :smt023

MHmusic

Post by MHmusic » Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:37 pm

Jazz Club wrote:Its been one of the first thrillers I've seen for years where i haven't worked out the ending.
The narrative seemed so simple and straight forward until the last episode when it all fell into place for a few scenes.
Then it still all changed right at the end. :smt023
Very clever writing and a great cast of actors and production team :smt023
I hope it wins some awards next year when the award shows come around.
PS,
The one major thing i really loved about The Secret Agent besides its quality was,
It wasn't dragged out over weeks and weeks,It was all done and dusted in under a month. :smt023
Agree with all of that. Great story and acting to match. Toby really is brilliant at his job and much of the success on reflection hinges on his ability to pull off that character. Right down to the last episode as he chewed on his sandwich.

pjdowns

Post by pjdowns » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:53 pm

Watched all three episodes of The Secret Agent today and thought it was excellent.

I am not usually a fan of period dramas but thought I'd give it a go following the rave recommendations here and I wasn't disappointed. I particularly liked the twist at the end which I wasn't expecting.

Agree with everyone who has made positive comments, it is certainly worth a watch.

Jazz Club

Post by Jazz Club » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:15 pm

This was on tv late last night.
Toby Jones was brilliant playing Truman Capote.
It was all based around Truman's best selling book In Cold Blood.
I flew to NYC and Back in 1975 reading that book for the first time on Concord .
Still had to spend a few hours on the roof on the Fulham Rd to finish it. :smt023

Coyote Jim
Site Moderator

Post by Coyote Jim » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:08 pm

image.jpeg
Bit of trivia I didn't realise that Toby Jones father is Freddie Jones that plays Sandy Thomas in Emmerdale. :shock:
Veteran actor of much film and many boards tread. 8) :smt023
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Cymbiosis"
Analogue Klimax LP12, Linn CD, Analogue Linn Amp, Kudos Speakers. 8) :smt023
Coyote Jim :wink:

Jazz Club

Post by Jazz Club » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:12 am

Jim,
You will know his mother well.
She has been in loads over the years.
Toby will always be one of the best Harry Potter characters ever :( Image

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer