Bruce Springsteen In His Own Words.

The magic moving image

Moderator: The Kurators

Jazz Club

Bruce Springsteen In His Own Words.

Post by Jazz Club » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:25 am

[ external image ]

Thursday 29th December on Channel 4 at 10:35 pm 8)
http://www.channel4.com/programmes/bruc ... e_search_1

Jazz Club

Re: Bruce Springsteen In His Own Words.

Post by Jazz Club » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:06 pm

Did anyone watch it last night?
What did you think?

User avatar
Steel City
Full Member
Posts: 1135
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 5:48 pm
Location: Sheffield

Re: Bruce Springsteen In His Own Words.

Post by Steel City » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:22 pm

Tonight for me Stu, will let you know. I enjoyed him on Desert Island Discs a week or so ago, did you catch it ?
Music was my first love and it will be my last!

Scooter
Full Member
Posts: 5256
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:56 pm

Re: Bruce Springsteen In His Own Words.

Post by Scooter » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:28 pm

Jazz Club wrote:Did anyone watch it last night?
What did you think?
Yes I did, it was him reading from the book with an interview, clips from the book tour he did as well as show clips. It really just added to the book. I still find it humbling that he talks of his demons. As he said he was on a real high when he tours "then it stops on a dime", which seems to have caused his depression. Anyone who wants to go on the X factor, etc should be made to read the book before they go on. The work he put in to get where he is daunting. He didn't drink any alcohol until he was 24 and never really started partying until 34. The band would go out whilst he stayed working on how to make the show better. It was also interesting to hear his influences which seemed to be mainly the British invasion. He also saw James Brown as the great showman who could hold a audiences attention. It is worth a look, if your a Springsteen fan it is a must see.
I've just seen a tweet which says one of the photos used in last nights programme of "Bruce" being read a book by his Dad when he was a child isn't Bruce but it is Nils Lofgren and his Dad. Nils has actually confirmed this.
"Never has so much been lost by so many, to satisfy so few"

Jazz Club

Re: Bruce Springsteen In His Own Words.

Post by Jazz Club » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:15 pm

Steel City wrote:Tonight for me Stu, will let you know. I enjoyed him on Desert Island Discs a week or so ago, did you catch it ?
Graham,
Yes i thought the DID was good.
I will catch up with last nights on 4player over the weekend.

Jazz Club

Re: Bruce Springsteen In His Own Words.

Post by Jazz Club » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:24 pm

Scooter wrote:
Jazz Club wrote:Did anyone watch it last night?
What did you think?
Yes I did, it was him reading from the book with an interview, clips from the book tour he did as well as show clips. It really just added to the book. I still find it humbling that he talks of his demons. As he said he was on a real high when he tours "then it stops on a dime", which seems to have caused his depression. Anyone who wants to go on the X factor, etc should be made to read the book before they go on. The work he put in to get where he is daunting. He didn't drink any alcohol until he was 24 and never really started partying until 34. The band would go out whilst he stayed working on how to make the show better. It was also interesting to hear his influences which seemed to be mainly the British invasion. He also saw James Brown as the great showman who could hold a audiences attention. It is worth a look, if your a Springsteen fan it is a must see.
I've just seen a tweet which says one of the photos used in last nights programme of "Bruce" being read a book by his Dad when he was a child isn't Bruce but it is Nils Lofgren and his Dad. Nils has actually confirmed this.
Keith,
I've got a new contact in NYC who works 5mins walk from the garden if you ever need tickets. 8)

Scooter
Full Member
Posts: 5256
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:56 pm

Re: Bruce Springsteen In His Own Words.

Post by Scooter » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:41 pm

Jazz Club wrote:
Scooter wrote:
Jazz Club wrote:Did anyone watch it last night?
What did you think?
Yes I did, it was him reading from the book with an interview, clips from the book tour he did as well as show clips. It really just added to the book. I still find it humbling that he talks of his demons. As he said he was on a real high when he tours "then it stops on a dime", which seems to have caused his depression. Anyone who wants to go on the X factor, etc should be made to read the book before they go on. The work he put in to get where he is daunting. He didn't drink any alcohol until he was 24 and never really started partying until 34. The band would go out whilst he stayed working on how to make the show better. It was also interesting to hear his influences which seemed to be mainly the British invasion. He also saw James Brown as the great showman who could hold a audiences attention. It is worth a look, if your a Springsteen fan it is a must see.
I've just seen a tweet which says one of the photos used in last nights programme of "Bruce" being read a book by his Dad when he was a child isn't Bruce but it is Nils Lofgren and his Dad. Nils has actually confirmed this.
Keith,
I've got a new contact in NYC who works 5mins walk from the garden if you ever need tickets. 8)
I had three laptops set up last year to get tickets for his shows there, I got in on one and the timer said 55 minutes. It started counting down until 30 minutes then stopped. As it happened it did me a favour as the show was snowed out and rescheduled. So it would have cost me a fortune. It's good to know, it is an ambition to see the full band there.
"Never has so much been lost by so many, to satisfy so few"

User avatar
Steel City
Full Member
Posts: 1135
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 5:48 pm
Location: Sheffield

Re: Bruce Springsteen In His Own Words.

Post by Steel City » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:20 pm

Jazz Club wrote:Did anyone watch it last night?
What did you think?
Just watched this, as Scooter said its Bruce talking and reading from his book. He was very frank about his dad and his own demons. There was some great vintage footage of early Bruce and his concert at the Hammersmith Odeon in 1975 I think? All in all a good watch.
Music was my first love and it will be my last!

Jazz Club

Re: Bruce Springsteen In His Own Words.

Post by Jazz Club » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:05 am

Good to see the Hammersmith Odeon 75 footage.
Very enjoyable documentary film.

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer