What Film have you just watched?

The magic moving image

Moderator: The Kurators

red kite

What Film have you just watched?

Post by red kite » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:32 pm

What Film have you just watched?

VHS, DVD, Blueray, on the Telly, Freeview, Sky, or at the Cinema,
never mind the format...
Tell us what film have you just watched?
…and what do you think of it? :D

User avatar
Mark57
Full Member
Posts: 197
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:03 pm

Re: What Film have you just watched?

Post by Mark57 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:20 am

Ok I'll play.

My son chose last night and had us watching Captain America on Blu Ray. I don't mind some of those superhero movies, the Batman ones are great and some of the iron Man ones are good fun*. But this? May I politely suggest it be left for 14 year old boys? Pile of old carp if you ask me.


* Possibly because of the occasional daydreaming about some conscious coupling with the lovely Gwyn.
I guess my inner 14yo is still there somewhere :mrg:

User avatar
Steve C
Full Member
Posts: 380
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 10:00 am
Location: The Edge of Nowhere

Re: What Film have you just watched?

Post by Steve C » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:42 am

[ external image ]

The Lone Ranger.
Not the greatest film ever made,but very enjoyable on a Sunday evening.
Black Ash LP12,Cirkus and Majik sub chassis,Akito 2B,Lingo 1,DV10x5 Naim XS with Stageline and PMC GB1is

John
Full Member
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu May 15, 2014 7:47 pm

Re: What Film have you just watched?

Post by John » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:11 pm

American Hustle, interesting movie and great soundtrack!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1800241/soundtrack

User avatar
Jamiel
Full Member
Posts: 180
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:48 am
Location: Yorkshire

Re: What Film have you just watched?

Post by Jamiel » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:03 pm

[ external image ]
'Despicable Me 2' at least 10 times with Ella over the last couple of weeks. Thankfully it is fantastic, along with 'The Godfather II' one of the very few sequels that is better than the original.

Even if you don't have children, treat yourself to watching this, it is just brilliant. As Mark Kermode said, this is really the Minions movie, they are just brilliant, whether yellow or purple.

......blaaahh!

Jazz Club

Re: What Film have you just watched?

Post by Jazz Club » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:03 pm

Jamiel wrote:[ Quoted Image ]
'Despicable Me 2' at least 10 times with Ella over the last couple of weeks. Thankfully it is fantastic, along with 'The Godfather II' one of the very few sequels that is better than the original.

Even if you don't have children, treat yourself to watching this, it is just brilliant. As Mark Kermode said, this is really the Minions movie, they are just brilliant, whether yellow or purple.

......blaaahh!
Great films.
My son loves them.
I still have my program from the London premiere of the Godfather 2.

red kite

Re: What Film have you just watched?

Post by red kite » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:56 pm

[ external image ]

Watched this last night, and enjoyed it in an odd kind of way.

Interesting to see a young Johny Depp with long ginger hair :D

A very good recommondation from mr carlton.

How's you mother, Gilbert?

She's fat.

Jazz Club

Re: What Film have you just watched?

Post by Jazz Club » Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:49 pm

red kite wrote:[ Quoted Image ]

Watched this last night, and enjoyed it in an odd kind of way.

Interesting to see a young Johny Depp with long ginger hair :D

A very good recommondation from mr carlton.

How's you mother, Gilbert?

She's fat.
Debs,
Glad you enjoyed it.
Its a lovely film.
Wonderful story,A first of its kind.
Leo's performance is still one of his best ever imo.
The mother had never acted before in her life and got the part because of her size.
She put in a great performance also was up for a few awards.
Infact the whole cast were great.
Last edited by Jazz Club on Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Steve C
Full Member
Posts: 380
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 10:00 am
Location: The Edge of Nowhere

Re: What Film have you just watched?

Post by Steve C » Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:09 pm

Jamiel wrote:[ Quoted Image ]
'Despicable Me 2' at least 10 times with Ella over the last couple of weeks. Thankfully it is fantastic, along with 'The Godfather II' one of the very few sequels that is better than the original.

Even if you don't have children, treat yourself to watching this, it is just brilliant. As Mark Kermode said, this is really the Minions movie, they are just brilliant, whether yellow or purple.

......blaaahh!
Purple Minions Rock

[ external image ]
Black Ash LP12,Cirkus and Majik sub chassis,Akito 2B,Lingo 1,DV10x5 Naim XS with Stageline and PMC GB1is

Jazz Club

Re: What Film have you just watched?

Post by Jazz Club » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:15 pm

Image

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer