FARGO

The magic moving image

Moderator: The Kurators

Jazz Club

FARGO

Post by Jazz Club » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:41 am

[ external image ]
Does anyone have any thoughts on how it ended?
I thought the whole series was excellent and a good ending.
Looks like as they say in the usa there is going to be a season two. :smt023

Jamiel

Re: FARGO

Post by Jamiel » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:07 am

Have really enjoyed the series so far, but the last two episodes are still on the Sky+ box, so I will keep my head low until I know what happens.

I did think they were on to a hiding for nothing following the film, but great casting, particularly Billy Bob Thornton and Martin Freeman, and a fantastic atmosphere have made this a real treat.

Jazz Club

Post by Jazz Club » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:41 am

Jamie,
I thought the same.
The film was so good how could the TV show be anywhere near as good?
But they pulled it off big time.
The Oscars the year Fargo came out was a hard choice for best actress with Mrs Coen Frances McDormand for Fargo and Brenda Blethyn for Mike Leigh's Secrets and Lies.
My choice would of been Brenda.
She just put so much into her character but both were brilliant.
1996 how time flies nearly twenty years ago. :roll:

Jamiel

Post by Jamiel » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:49 pm

I haven't seen 'Secrets and Lies', but do think Francis McDormand's performance in Fargo is possibly the best I have ever seen from an actress.

Have you seen Mike Leigh's 'Another Year', I thought that was fanstastic, Jim Broadbent and Ruth Sheen work so well together. Really recommended.

Jazz Club

Post by Jazz Club » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:58 pm

Jamiel wrote:I haven't seen 'Secrets and Lies', but do think Francis McDormand's performance in Fargo is possibly the best I have ever seen from an actress.

Have you seen Mike Leigh's 'Another Year', I thought that was fanstastic, Jim Broadbent and Ruth Sheen work so well together. Really recommended.
Jamie,
I have seen/got everything Mike has done for TV and film.
Have always been a big big fan of his work and the way he works with little or no script.
Love the actors he uses also.

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer