Genesis: Together and Apart.

The magic moving image

Moderator: The Kurators

Jazz Club

Re: Genesis: Together and Apart.

Post by Jazz Club » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:53 am

IMO The only time Phil has let himself down live was when Genesis last got back together to do a world tour after his last wife had left him and taken him to the cash cleaners after breaking his heart.
They played the last live aid concert at Wembley and came on in the afternoon daylight.
He was obviously still hurting and very very angry when he had a massive rant about it using the F word a few times.
He got pay back for that though.
It rained on every outdoor concert Genesis played on that tour except for two. :smt018

Jamiel

Re: Genesis: Together and Apart.

Post by Jamiel » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:31 am

I missed that, I saw a bit of the performance, but missed that rant. I still like Collins, and although not a fan of his solo work, or the later Genesis material, I still think he was an amazing and very influential drummer.

Alongside Hackett, I always though that Collins, were the real talented musicians in the band. His playing on the instrumental section of 'Cinema Show' on 'Seconds Out' is one of the most amazing pieces of drum playing. Really good when Bruford comes in for the final couple of minutes.

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer