The magic moving image

Moderator: The Kurators

Jamiel

Re: What Are You Watching Tonight

Post by Jamiel » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:48 pm

red kite wrote:
Coyote Jim wrote:
red kite wrote:

But this is tricky, i recognise Will Smith okay, but those honky robots all look alike to me :g-scratch:
What I found hard to recognise in 'I Robot' was if any of the script writer's had ever read anything by Isaac Azimov. I don't remember any of his books starting with a 40minute advert for trainers, and the trainers advert was the high pint of that film. One of the worst films I have ever seen.

Jazz Club

Post by Jazz Club » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:32 pm

Jamie,
I think this awful movie is loads worse than iRobot :lol: [ external image ]
[ external image ]

red kite

Post by red kite » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 pm

Robbie seems to be making a come back :g-sigh:

Eldarboy

Post by Eldarboy » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:04 pm

I just came across this: http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/SilentOrchestra a new soundtrack that goes with:

[ external image ]

So, it will be some kind of experience. I've not heard the soundtrack: just came across it today and grabbed it {$6.00USD, can't be beat}

Coyote Jim
Site Moderator

Post by Coyote Jim » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:25 pm

[ external image ]
Enjoy your turkey and dig the trance soundtrack. :smt037
"Cymbiosis"
Analogue Klimax LP12, Linn CD, Analogue Linn Amp, Kudos Speakers. 8) :smt023
Coyote Jim :wink:

Jamiel

Post by Jamiel » Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:03 pm

I agree that 'Lost in Space' is dreadful (well apart from the excellent effects shot where Matt LeBlanc blows up the fist bad guy, but you can watch that on my showreel anyway), but it didn't claim to be a film of a great book. 'I Robot' did make that claim, and then shat all over the ideas of Isaac Azimov, plus Will Smith is far more annoying than anyone in 'Lost in Space'

On a more positive note, we watched this last night. Really brilliant, Stephen Frears is at his usual high standard, as is Judy Dench, but not being a Steve Coogan fan, I have to admit that he was absolutely superb in the film. He was the main force behind it too, buying the rights to the book, and putting in motion a superb team to make a very moving film.

[ external image ]

Speaking of Steve Coogan, he also make a nice little cameo, as himself in 'The Lost Honour of Christopher Jefferies' shown on ITV last week, and one of the best TV dramas I have seen in ages. The kind of programme that ITV do so well.
[ external image ]

Jason Watkins, who I last saw in 'W1A' gave an outstanding performance and the eccentric Christopher Jefferies, who was vilified by the press when wholly innocent. Worth finding on Iplayer, or catch-up .

dan steel
Queue Moderator

Post by dan steel » Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:58 pm

Jamiel wrote:I agree that 'Lost in Space' is dreadful (well apart from the excellent effects shot where Matt LeBlanc blows up the fist bad guy, but you can watch that on my showreel anyway), but it didn't claim to be a film of a great book. 'I Robot' did make that claim, and then shat all over the ideas of Isaac Azimov, plus Will Smith is far more annoying than anyone in 'Lost in Space'

On a more positive note, we watched this last night. Really brilliant, Stephen Frears is at his usual high standard, as is Judy Dench, but not being a Steve Coogan fan, I have to admit that he was absolutely superb in the film. He was the main force behind it too, buying the rights to the book, and putting in motion a superb team to make a very moving film.

[ external image ]

Speaking of Steve Coogan, he also make a nice little cameo, as himself in 'The Lost Honour of Christopher Jefferies' shown on ITV last week, and one of the best TV dramas I have seen in ages. The kind of programme that ITV do so well.
[ external image ]

Jason Watkins, who I last saw in 'W1A' gave an outstanding performance and the eccentric Christopher Jefferies, who was vilified by the press when wholly innocent. Worth finding on Iplayer, or catch-up .
Great drama and a superb performance from Jason Watkins. It made me feel ashamed the way he was treated by the press and the law.
None foreign parts LP12 - Naim CD - Naim Amplication - Kudos Speakers.

dan steel
Queue Moderator

Post by dan steel » Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:04 pm

[ external image ]
I have been following this brilliant series The Missing. it had me glued to the seat and guessing the final outcome. Great acting by a English/Foreign cast.
one of the best dramas to hit the screen this year.
None foreign parts LP12 - Naim CD - Naim Amplication - Kudos Speakers.

grimreaper46

Post by grimreaper46 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:20 pm

Muppets Most Wanted....with my Granddaughter.

[ external image ]
LP12 (now with the special Peter Swain magic touch and a Kore and T-Cable) for analogue, Majik Aktiv System for digital

A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory

Live Long And Prosper

Jazz Club

Post by Jazz Club » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:05 pm

Last night on BBC TV part one of season two of the Wrong Mans.[ external image ]Part two tonight. 8)

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer