Hello...

NO, not musical introductions. :roll:
Pop in, say hello and tell us about yourself. We don't bite, well not unless you ask nicely.

Moderator: The Kurators

longgone

Hello...

Post by longgone » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:48 am

Hello everyone... I like this forum and I've been here almost every day. I've been reading the past posts and learning and enjoying what you have here. A beautiful thing. You have been a terrific help for me to move through the Linn and LP12 world. I have a very nice set of Keilidhs that I've had since the late 1990s. I never had a turntable since the late 1970s. And no CD player, either, until about 2006. And no computer (until about 2005). I started to upgrade my audio gear, slowly (surprised?), around '07 and a turntable was not even a consideration. At that time I wasn't aware of Linn products. I knew nothing about Linn except for the Keilidhs. And I liked them and the Linn logo. Still more years went by before the dream of a record player entered my mind. It took a while to act and I did some research and the Keilidhs and the Linn logo influenced me toward a used LP12. That first LP12 came to me around 2011. I loved it. Another one replaced it around 2014. I love that one, too. And I added another one last month. Guess what? I'm lovin' it, too. I was chuckling to myself, today, while I was reading on the forum and flashing back to the 70s when we used to put coins on the head shells to improve the sound, the only record cleaner was a brush, maybe, dust bunnies on the stylus were common and huge, the get togethers to play records became legends, and like all of you, still letting the good times roll.
longgone - Don

Mr Onion
Site Moderator

Re: Hello...

Post by Mr Onion » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:44 am

Great to finally have you jump from 'reader' to 'poster'

From a fellow LP12/Keilidh owner (but my LP12 came first :mrg: )
James

Fluted Afro LP12, Khan, Kore, Cirkus, Tranquillity, Trampolin2, Radikal (with Allium Skin Mods), EKOS SE/1, sKale, DVXX-2mkII, HoL Mat

Lots of black boxes connected with bits of damp string.

Coyote Jim
Site Moderator

Post by Coyote Jim » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:49 pm

Great to have you onboard.
Don't be shy hiding in the wings were all in the same boat.
Look forward to some stories we've all got them.
Welcome 8) :smt023
"Cymbiosis"
LP12,Cirkus,Radikal,Urika,Keel,Linn mat,Ekos SE/1,Krystal,Majik I Dynamik,Majik CD,
Kudos X3,Quadraspire Q4 EVO Rack,Glass Naim Cups & Balls, Linn Silvers & K200 Black with Linn Knekt Bananas. 8) :smt023

dan steel

Post by dan steel » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:58 pm

Nice one Don. :smt023
music is my religion....
Jimi Hendrix

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer