Aged Gentleman

NO, not musical introductions. :roll:
Pop in, say hello and tell us about yourself. We don't bite, well not unless you ask nicely.

Moderator: The Kurators

bigrods46

Aged Gentleman

Post by bigrods46 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:45 pm

HI everyone....

My name is Julian, from the UK.
Been into music f0r the best part of 50 yrs, ever since my great uncle sat me down in front of a pair of Quad 57s listening to ' This is James Last ' . I am now on probably on my 5th copy and use it for all my auditions of equipment. the track 'I got you babe ' has absolutely amazing strings .
I've listened to it through the 70,80,90,000,2000s. on so many different sounding systems, some bad, some good, some rubbish.
but some have been exceptional...
as a past note my great uncle played drums for a dance band before the second world war and was captured as a paratrooper at Arnhem and interred , after the war he re started his live playing with many great dance bands of the era..
Hence my love of the swing era. but over the years he taught me to appreciate great musicianship whatever the genre,,,

Coyote Jim
Site Moderator

Re: Aged Gentleman

Post by Coyote Jim » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:52 pm

Big welcome to the Kabin this is a chummy place where it's mostly about the music but equipment info sharing is very welcome too.
Please feel free to indulge us with your listening pleasure and a description of your toys.
There are some Jazz and Big Band heads in here somewhere. :oops:
Busted. 8) :smt023
"Cymbiosis"
LP12,Cirkus,Radikal,Urika,Keel,Linn mat,Ekos SE/1,Krystal,Majik I Dynamik,Majik CD,
Kudos X3,Quadraspire Q4 EVO Rack,Vulkan Board Naim Cups & Balls, Linn Silvers & K200 Black with Linn Knekt Bananas. 8) :smt023

dan steel

Post by dan steel » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:01 pm

Glad you could join us Julian. 8)
Turn that heartbeat over again

Mr Onion
Site Moderator

Post by Mr Onion » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:06 pm

Great to see you here
James

Fluted Afro LP12, Khan, Kore, Cirkus, Tranquillity, Trampolin2, Radikal (with Allium Skin Mods), EKOS SE/1, sKale, DVXX-2mkII, HoL Mat

Lots of black boxes connected with bits of damp string.

Red Chris

Post by Red Chris » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:46 pm

Welcome Julian :smt023
Cymbiosis LP12 Woodsong Wenge, Klimax Radikal/Chord Sarum T, Keel/A, Khan, Tranquility, Urika/Chord SSA, Aro, sKale, Krystal - Sondek owner since 1982 - the rest is Naim Chord and Kudos 8)

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer