Hello !

NO, not musical introductions. :roll:
Pop in, say hello and tell us about yourself. We don't bite, well not unless you ask nicely.

Moderator: The Kurators

alfthedog

Hello !

Post by alfthedog » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:02 pm

I thought i'd better add an introduction down after finally registering.

I've been a lurker here for quite a while. I usually post in the Green place (mostly in the music room) and so recognise a few posters over on here. I'm afraid, apart from a recently acquired mint Nait 1 and a CB140 i have a sentimental attachment to, i no longer have Linn or Naim kit. I've been through Vinyl, CD and now hard disk, having had an LP12 until the late 90's and Naim kit since the mid 80's.

My system now comprises a Melco N1a, Devialet 220 Pro and Shahinian Compass speakers. Isoblue provides support and cables are from Mogami and Chord.

I'll probably remain mostly lurking as i do enjoy a read through the Peters travels thread and the equipment threads on here. Even though i moved away from vinyl a fair few years ago, i still find the mechanics of vinyl replay fascinating and love the look of the LP12 in all it's various guises. It's fascinating to read about all the modifications and the way the LP12 is still evolving - strange i know from someone who has fully embraced digital...

James

Coyote Jim
Site Moderator

Re: Hello !

Post by Coyote Jim » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:51 pm

Hi James,
Don't be a lurker :smt018 at least tell us what you're listening to. :smt020
This is a general Hi Fi and Music forum " most emphasis is on the music " It's hard to keep performing if it's a mystery audience and would be nice for some new blood to do a turn. :lol:
We're all very easy going and it's only a good gas that's important. xss28
It's a unique place. 8) :smt023
"Cymbiosis"
LP12,Cirkus,Radikal,Urika,Keel,Linn mat,Ekos SE/1,Krystal,Majik I Dynamik,Majik CD,
Kudos X3,Quadraspire Q4 EVO Rack,Vulkan Board Naim Cups & Balls, Linn Silvers & K200 Black with Linn Knekt Bananas. 8) :smt023

Mr Onion
Site Moderator

Post by Mr Onion » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:07 pm

Just keep clear of all members called James and you'll be fine :smt023

Glad you are now an ex lurker. Having lost your virginity its time to let us know what music you like.
James

Fluted Afro LP12, Khan, Kore, Cirkus, Tranquillity, Trampolin2, Radikal (with Allium Skin Mods), EKOS SE/1, sKale, DVXX-2mkII, HoL Mat

Lots of black boxes connected with bits of damp string.

alfthedog

Post by alfthedog » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:26 pm

Thanks for the welcome chaps - I've already popped into the Music Room. That's what it's all about in the end.

Music - well all sorts really My other half would say my default would be a girl with a guitar :roll: but female vocalists do seem to be feature in a lot of the material i listen to.

Look forward to spending a bit more time over here 8)

James

Pediatrik

Post by Pediatrik » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:54 pm

alfthedog wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:26 pm
I've already popped into the Music Room. That's what it's all about in the end.

Exactly James! Welcome on board!
LP12, Cirkus, Kore, Trampolin 2, Lingo 2, Akito 1b, Adikt, Akurate EDSM, Akurate Exaktbox 10 channel, Akurate 4200s, Keltiks, Silver ICs, Black K200s

Wenge1

Post by Wenge1 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:03 pm

Not another James ........... only joking mate, your most welcome at the Kabin ............. :smt023
Harban 'Wenge' Cymbiosis Signature LP12, Klimax Radikal / Urika, Karmen, Tranquility, Rubikon, Ekos SE, Skale, Krystal. Sarum Super Array IC's. Chord Signature speaker cable

dCS Puccini CD Player

KK/1(D), Klimax Twin (D), ProAc Response D2's

dan steel

Post by dan steel » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:11 pm

Welcome to the brotherhood James 8)
"Jiji, solamente un tonto lo mencionara" ha! ha! ha!

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer