Football Topic 2016

Thats Soccer to everyone on the left side of the pond.

Moderator: The Kurators

Jazz Club

Re: Football Topic 2016

Post by Jazz Club » Mon May 02, 2016 11:49 am

Chris,
There should be two refs one sat in front of TV monitors and one on the pitch along with Hawkeye.
One thing i will say when someone is pulling you hair that hard as you are running it doubles the force and its a automatic reaction to lash out to stop whoever is pulling it.
I had it done to me many times as player in my youth and it can be bloody painful.

Jazz Club

Post by Jazz Club » Mon May 02, 2016 11:59 am

I would like to see Spurs give Chelsea a good thrashing today. :smt023
IMO It will be more special for Leicester to win at home next week in front of there fans. :smt023

Jazz Club

Post by Jazz Club » Mon May 02, 2016 12:08 pm

Dave,
Are you off to Upton Park this afternoon for the England oldies game?
Its live on TV Channel 5.

MHmusic

Post by MHmusic » Mon May 02, 2016 12:20 pm

Red Chris wrote:Stu :smt018

Rooney should have been given a medal, United should have had at least two penalities and Leicester should have had a player sent off in the first half.

My suggested new rule change is that the referree can be substituted during the game by an independent panel based on the errors that they make - or alternatively giving them a yellow card and then sending them off for persistent incompetence.

The referee should then miss games (and not be paid) - I could then chair the appeals panel with power to increase the sanction :smt023

We would however need a much bigger pool of referees, but current experience shows that you do not need a high level of ability to qualify at the moment.
You Reds are so used to Fergie scaring the bejeebers out of the ref :D welcome to the real world :) :) :)

Jazz Club

Post by Jazz Club » Mon May 02, 2016 12:47 pm

I wonder how much speed Fellaini looses by having that massive afro?
Would be interesting to see him run a timed 100m with it and again with a shaved head.
A test in the McLaren wind tunnel would be interesting just for stats.

Scottyhammer

Post by Scottyhammer » Mon May 02, 2016 7:59 pm

Stu,

no i did not go to the game @ UP today but went to Mark Nobles testi which was great......just got back from a lovely week in Normandy so was a bit pushed for time.

Dave

Jazz Club

Post by Jazz Club » Fri May 06, 2016 4:09 pm

Scottyhammer wrote:Stu,

no i did not go to the game @ UP today but went to Mark Nobles testi which was great......just got back from a lovely week in Normandy so was a bit pushed for time.

Dave
Dave,
I watched some of it it on 5 player total waste of time imo unless it made a shit load of money for charity?
As for calling it A 66 anniversary England v Germany old boys?
They should be done for false advertising :smt013
Its on demand 5 if you want to see what i mean?

Did you stay at Steve's place in Normandy?

Scottyhammer

Post by Scottyhammer » Fri May 06, 2016 6:08 pm

no mate we went with another couple and stayed just outside Bayou .......we had a lovely week.

Scottyhammer

Post by Scottyhammer » Sat May 07, 2016 7:48 pm

Bloody hell ! the wheels have come off our season. :roll:
just hope that the boys spank the northern monkeys on Tuesday to give us a real good cockney knees up farewell to UP. :smt023

Red Chris

Post by Red Chris » Sat May 07, 2016 7:58 pm

I think that Swansea are trying to avoid Brenda going back. Personally I'd like to see some 1995 payback - bloody Michael Hughes and Ludek Miklosko xss12 xss12
Currently Cymbiosis LP12 Woodsong Wenge, Klimax Radikal/Chord Sarum T, Keel/A, Khan, Tranquility, Urika/Chord SSA, Aro, sKale, Lyra Kleos SL - Sondek owner since 1982 - the rest is Naim, Chord and Kudos 8)

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer