Tonights FA Cup Night.

Thats Soccer to everyone on the left side of the pond.

Moderator: The Kurators

Scottyhammer

Re: Tonights FA Cup Night.

Post by Scottyhammer » Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:59 am

The early kick off was a firkin nightmare for most. :smt013
Hope you have a great day out at wemberleeeey :smt023

dan steel
Queue Moderator

Post by dan steel » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:42 am

Was hoping West Ham would win, as it would have been a easy semi final for Everton. But well played Man Utd, for easily coping with the aerial bombardment that West Ham rely on. At least there will be a Northern team at Wembley this year, hopefully the team wearing blue will be the winners. 8)
Last edited by dan steel on Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
None foreign parts LP12 - Naim CD - Naim Amplication - Kudos Speakers.

MHmusic

Post by MHmusic » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:59 am

dan steel wrote:Was hoping West Ham would win, as it would have been a easy semi final for Everton. But well played Man Utd, for easily coping with the aerial bombardment that West Ham rely on. At least there will be a Northern team at Wembley this year, hopefully the team in wearing blue will be the winners. 8)
Everton did well to get a point last night and TBH fir a while looked better with 10 men than they had with 11. Barkley purred his way through the game and was unlucky when he hit the bar. We (Palace) should have done better at taking advantage of the extra man but fair dos and a point will do. 3 would have out us 12 th though :(

Man U looked good in the first half I though (only saw that half) and Rashfird's goal was top class.

dan steel
Queue Moderator

Post by dan steel » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:08 am

MHmusic wrote:
dan steel wrote:Was hoping West Ham would win, as it would have been a easy semi final for Everton. But well played Man Utd, for easily coping with the aerial bombardment that West Ham rely on. At least there will be a Northern team at Wembley this year, hopefully the team in wearing blue will be the winners. 8)
Everton did well to get a point last night and TBH fir a while looked better with 10 men than they had with 11. Barkley purred his way through the game and was unlucky when he hit the bar. We (Palace) should have done better at taking advantage of the extra man but fair dos and a point will do. 3 would have out us 12 th though :(

Man U looked good in the first half I though (only saw that half) and Rashfird's goal was top class.
I watched the whole game, and a draw was about the right result. Even though Everton where hanging on a bit near the end 8)

Man Utd played well and fully deserved the win. West Ham did what they normally do pump up the high ball to the country bumpkin up front. It worked against Everton and Arsenal, they came unstuck last night. :smt023
Last edited by dan steel on Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
None foreign parts LP12 - Naim CD - Naim Amplication - Kudos Speakers.

Jazz Club

Post by Jazz Club » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:55 am

Jim,
A draw?
You can't of been watching the same game as me.
Anyway a draw would of only gone to penalties and we would of lost on those.
I knew i shouldn't have watched and jinxed it but it was a historic game so had too.
We started really well and pulled fingers out 8 mins from the end but it was to late by then.
I hope Everton can do better. :smt023

Scottyhammer

Post by Scottyhammer » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:11 am

Palace will win it now :smt023

Jazz Club

Post by Jazz Club » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:55 am

Scottyhammer wrote:Palace will win it now :smt023
Dave,
It would be nice for Palace but i wouldn't put money on it.

MHmusic

Post by MHmusic » Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:37 pm

Appreciate the vote of confidence guys but I won't be putting a bet on Palace winning it. They don't need me jinxing them, they are quite capable of doing that themselves. What would be kind of cool though now would be meeting Man U in the final and beating them and taking revenge for losing to them in 1990 in the replay. That would cheer up Pardew and half the staff at Palace (who are from that team).

For now just hoping the real Palace can start turning up. We really haven't been firing since December but players are gradually getting fit again now. Can't remember so many first choice forwards/midfielders being injured at once before. Mind you we have a couple of easy games before the Semi. Arsenal on Sunday and Man U on the Wednesday - both away - gulp. Maybe we can do a West Ham at the emirates :D

Jazz Club

Post by Jazz Club » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:32 pm

MHmusic wrote:Appreciate the vote of confidence guys but I won't be putting a bet on Palace winning it. They don't need me jinxing them, they are quite capable of doing that themselves. What would be kind of cool though now would be meeting Man U in the final and beating them and taking revenge for losing to them in 1990 in the replay. That would cheer up Pardew and half the staff at Palace (who are from that team).

For now just hoping the real Palace can start turning up. We really haven't been firing since December but players are gradually getting fit again now. Can't remember so many first choice forwards/midfielders being injured at once before. Mind you we have a couple of easy games before the Semi. Arsenal on Sunday and Man U on the Wednesday - both away - gulp. Maybe we can do a West Ham at the emirates :D
The Hammers have turned over better ManU sides than played on Wednesday.
Palace just have to really want it. :smt023

Red Chris

Post by Red Chris » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:08 pm

Jazz Club wrote:Jim,
A draw?
You can't of been watching the same game as me.
......... and me :D Applied for Semi-final tickets today :smt023
Currently Cymbiosis LP12 Woodsong Wenge, Klimax Radikal/Chord Sarum T, Keel/A, Khan, Tranquility, Urika/Chord SSA, Aro, sKale, Lyra Kleos SL - Sondek owner since 1982 - the rest is Naim, Chord and Kudos 8)

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer