Euro 2016 Topic

Thats Soccer to everyone on the left side of the pond.

Moderator: The Kurators

Jazz Club

Re: Euro 2016 Topic

Post by Jazz Club » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:08 pm

What can you say about Martin's boys ? Other than they did him and there country Proud.
Fantastic result against Italy. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :smt023 :smt023 :smt023 :smt023 :smt023 :smt023 :smt023 :smt030 :smt030 :smt030 :smt030

Jazz Club

Post by Jazz Club » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:31 pm

MHmusic

Post by MHmusic » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:26 am

Wenge1 wrote:
MHmusic wrote:
Jazz Club wrote:Brilliant two games.
Iceland will now play England on Monday. :smt023
The on pitch drug deal to Renaldo might need to be looked at :smt036 :smt018 :smt023
Yeah, it was a great game and Ronaldo moved between ridiculous to watch to ridiculously good. Taking every free kick inside 45 yards and hammering it every time is schoolboy stuff but the flick of his first was sublime.

Iceland for England is sounding OK although we will need to get the early goal that has so far eluded us. Step by step :)

Sounding ok; blimy, Iceland has a smaller population than Leicester and doesn't have a professional club, let alone a professional league ....... :smt009
Which sounds OK to me :) (there's Wakefield understatement for you) having watched their games they don't play to that expectation though. They are a very well organised, coached hard working side that defend deep and have the energy to get up and down the pitch when they break. Not ideal for England's recent form but should be fine.

The reason they punch beyond their weight is put down by them as a combination of :

- their inherent physical condition (I assume this is a gene pool thing as living there will have been tough over the centuries (sounds plausible but no idea if it's true)
- they have built a hugely Impressive indoor training facility within which the nation can train (silly I know but 'smaller than Leicester - not all at once :) )
- they have imported European quality coaches of high standard
I guess there has to be some thing around they must play together from youth to International which is very rare.

MHmusic

Post by MHmusic » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:41 am

The ROI game yesterday was a joy as was the Portugal one. What strikes me about the Championships so far is the passion and excitement surrounding NI, ROI, Wales and how they are 100% behind the team and manager. The burden of history and expectation and a bad case of cynicism makes reading anything about England depressing. From Roy H didn't run on and score the winner himself. It's not that I don't get frustrated when we don't score a hatful or easily beat lesser teams - of course I do - but I think I still retain some of that half full rather than half empty despite 50 years or so of not winning things.

For me, we have played 3 games, never looked like losing, played composed football and leveraged a large number of players which proves important in competition. We are in the next round with a great chance of being in the QFs. Once you are there the just have to beat the big teams and I struggle with some of the moaning about we should avoid this and that. The journo on the BBC this morning said it was all over now because of that draw and we have no chance. WHAT!!!!

We have Sturridge, Kane, Vardy who can each turn a game with their goal power and have Rooney sitting in behind looking comfortable. This is the most capable squad we have had for a long time and it's just warming up. Italy lost to ROI, Spain lost to Croatia and France TBH have left it late in all their games, while Germany look ponderous at best.

Can't we just be positive about it for once........

Please don't burst my bubble. If I am being beautifully naive, leave me be, it's nice here :D

Wenge1
Queue Moderator

Post by Wenge1 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:25 pm

MHmusic wrote:The ROI game yesterday was a joy as was the Portugal one. What strikes me about the Championships so far is the passion and excitement surrounding NI, ROI, Wales and how they are 100% behind the team and manager. The burden of history and expectation and a bad case of cynicism makes reading anything about England depressing. From Roy H didn't run on and score the winner himself. It's not that I don't get frustrated when we don't score a hatful or easily beat lesser teams - of course I do - but I think I still retain some of that half full rather than half empty despite 50 years or so of not winning things.

For me, we have played 3 games, never looked like losing, played composed football and leveraged a large number of players which proves important in competition. We are in the next round with a great chance of being in the QFs. Once you are there the just have to beat the big teams and I struggle with some of the moaning about we should avoid this and that. The journo on the BBC this morning said it was all over now because of that draw and we have no chance. WHAT!!!!

We have Sturridge, Kane, Vardy who can each turn a game with their goal power and have Rooney sitting in behind looking comfortable. This is the most capable squad we have had for a long time and it's just warming up. Italy lost to ROI, Spain lost to Croatia and France TBH have left it late in all their games, while Germany look ponderous at best.

Can't we just be positive about it for once........

Please don't burst my bubble. If I am being beautifully naive, leave me be, it's nice here :D

Fair enough ..... :smt052
Harban 'Wenge' Cymbiosis Signature LP12, Klimax Radikal / Urika, Karmen, Tranquility, Rubikon, Ekos SE, Skale, Krystal. Sarum Super Array IC's. Chord Signature speaker cable

dCS Puccini CD Player

KK/1(D), Klimax Twin (D), ProAc Response D2's

Scottyhammer

Post by Scottyhammer » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:35 pm

IF Ingerlund and thats debatable beat Iceland they certainly wont live with the frogs and you just know that Payet is gonna curl a 30yd winner past calamity Joe. :twisted:

Jazz Club

Post by Jazz Club » Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:26 pm

Come on you Wales. :smt023

Jazz Club

Post by Jazz Club » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:03 pm

The Swiss goal to equalise 1-1 with Poland and take them into extra time might just be the most spectacular goal of the tournament :smt023
[ external image ]

Coyote Jim
Site Moderator

Post by Coyote Jim » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:13 pm

image.jpeg
:shock:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Cymbiosis"
Klimax LP12, Linn CD, Linn Amp, Kudos Speakers.
Coyote Jim :wink:

Jazz Club

Post by Jazz Club » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:04 pm

Shame the Swiss Arsenal player missed his penalty by miles and lost it for them.
I wonder if he will end up doing Pizza adverts like Gareth Southgate :roll:

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer