Premier League 2016/2017 Season etc.

Thats Soccer to everyone on the left side of the pond.

Moderator: The Kurators

dan steel
Queue Moderator

Re: Premier League 2016/2017 Season etc.

Post by dan steel » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:30 pm

First this on Idrissa Gueye

Then this on Wilfred Zaha
And the chosen one still condones it :smt017
None foreign parts LP12 - Naim CD - Naim Amplication - Kudos Speakers.

Red Chris

Post by Red Chris » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:43 pm

.... .......and yet no-one was injured and (admittedly surprisingly on first challenge) the referees in each case considered that only a yellow card was warranted.

Who knows, perhaps the referees were right and the people jumping on the Shearer bandwagon are completely wrong, and have an anti Man United bias?
Currently Cymbiosis LP12 Woodsong Wenge, Klimax Radikal/Chord Sarum T, Keel/A, Khan, Tranquility, Urika/Chord SSA, Aro, sKale, Lyra Kleos SL - Sondek owner since 1982 - the rest is Naim, Chord and Kudos 8)

Wenge1
Queue Moderator

Post by Wenge1 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:45 pm

dan steel wrote:First this on Idrissa Gueye

Then this on Wilfred Zaha
And the chosen one still condones it :smt017
Seems to me he just wants to court a bit of controversy ........ but what do I know about football ...... :|
Harban 'Wenge' Cymbiosis Signature LP12, Klimax Radikal / Urika, Karmen, Tranquility, Rubikon, Ekos SE, Skale, Krystal. Sarum Super Array IC's. Chord Signature speaker cable

dCS Puccini CD Player

KK/1(D), Klimax Twin (D), ProAc Response D2's

Wenge1
Queue Moderator

Post by Wenge1 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:49 pm

Red Chris wrote:.... .......and yet no-one was injured and (admittedly surprisingly on first challenge) the referees in each case considered that only a yellow card was warranted.

Who knows, perhaps the referees were right and the people jumping on the Shearer bandwagon are completely wrong, and have an anti Man United bias?
I don't watch whatever Mr Shearer is on, but I saw both of these on a sky sports news section having never seen or heard about them before and they looked bad to me. Also, saying that no one was injured, well does that mean only injury causing incidents can qualify for red cards? No specific bias here either ................. :smt023
Harban 'Wenge' Cymbiosis Signature LP12, Klimax Radikal / Urika, Karmen, Tranquility, Rubikon, Ekos SE, Skale, Krystal. Sarum Super Array IC's. Chord Signature speaker cable

dCS Puccini CD Player

KK/1(D), Klimax Twin (D), ProAc Response D2's

dan steel
Queue Moderator

Post by dan steel » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:54 pm

Red Chris wrote:.... .......and yet no-one was injured and (admittedly surprisingly on first challenge) the referees in each case considered that only a yellow card was warranted.

Spoken like a true Man Utd supporter. It's not the case that no one was injured it's the intent. I'm sure if it had been Gareth Barry or Lee Cattermole they would have been sent off and if it had been against a MU player the chosen one would have been called for them to be banned. :smt013
No it's not anti Man Utd it is biased refereeing Man Utd :smt018
None foreign parts LP12 - Naim CD - Naim Amplication - Kudos Speakers.

Red Chris

Post by Red Chris » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:57 pm

No, but it might mean that they are not as bad as some people maintain.

I would be interested to know if anyone has actually been injured by this type of tackle, or whether it is just hype because it looks as though it might be dangerous when shown in slow motion on television.

Also Idrissa Gueye's body position and trajectory into the challenge was not significantly different. So perhaps they should have both been sent off?
Currently Cymbiosis LP12 Woodsong Wenge, Klimax Radikal/Chord Sarum T, Keel/A, Khan, Tranquility, Urika/Chord SSA, Aro, sKale, Lyra Kleos SL - Sondek owner since 1982 - the rest is Naim, Chord and Kudos 8)

Red Chris

Post by Red Chris » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:04 pm

dan steel wrote:It's not the case that no one was injured it's the intent
Well I would say they was no intent to injure and no-one was injured. The intent was to win the ball. I am becoming convinced that the yellow card was harsh on each occasion, and that pundits like Shearer are troglodytes :smt002

MHmusic

Post by MHmusic » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:03 pm

Red Chris wrote:
dan steel wrote:It's not the case that no one was injured it's the intent
Well I would say they was no intent to injure and no-one was injured. The intent was to win the ball. I am becoming convinced that the yellow card was harsh on each occasion, and that pundits like Shearer are troglodytes :smt002
Definitely think the red mist is obscuring your vision here Chris if you don't think either of those tackles were dangerous or that type of thing is OK. On that basis we shouldn't punish drunk drivers until they actually hit someone? Hmmmm, should make for an interesting Xmas.

I am a Palace fan and so will declare it up front but on Weds it was like watching a match from the 60's/70's. The decisions really did fall Man U's way and Roja's tackle was worthy of chopper Harris!

The first goal was offside, handball and even a min over ET with no further delays. Roja should/could have gone, Rooney lost it and charged at the ref and didn't even get a ticking off and Pogba blatantly dived on a booking and walked away without a look. It was a poor refereeing display and it certainly leant one way. There were loads of other dodgy ones too. Before anyone mentions Mata goal, BTS proved with video his 'toe was offside' :D

Not saying that was why we lost (albeit scratching the first goal would have helped) but back to Roja - would Mourinho have said the same thing if Delaney had done that to Pogba? And TBH would you?

You have to love football don't you and I would stick up for Palace players too but....... :D :D :D :D :D :D

Red Chris

Post by Red Chris » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:50 am

This is partly why I don't want further technology impinging on the beautiful game. I prefer controversy :smt052

Red Chris

Post by Red Chris » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:40 pm

MHmusic wrote:..... but back to Roja - would Mourinho have said the same thing if Delaney had done that to Pogba? And TBH would you?
I suspect that if Delaney had challenged Pogba that way, then Pogba would probably have been sent off for diving :D

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer