Man City Getting Fined Millions. Laugh.

Thats Soccer to everyone on the left side of the pond.

Moderator: The Kurators

Jazz Club

Man City Getting Fined Millions. Laugh.

Post by Jazz Club » Tue May 06, 2014 8:37 pm

For spending to much on players. :shock:
I didn't know there was a limit. :smt017

grimreaper46

Re: Man City Getting Fined Millions. Laugh.

Post by grimreaper46 » Thu May 15, 2014 4:49 pm

Carlton the door man wrote:For spending to much on players. :shock:
I didn't know there was a limit. :smt017
It is not for spending too much on players. Financial Fair Play (UEFA Style) says that if you are in a UEFA competition you must not be in the Red year by year of more than a certain amount. City will fight this in the courts, I think, because the rules are not legal under EU rules. City's bottom line went down by 50% in the last financial year and they are due to break even next year.

The Premiership by the way say City are within their Financial Fare Play rules.

This will run and run.

Stange though it may seem, Man U could spend any amount they like and post as big a loss as they like because as they are not in a UEFA competition next year it wont count against them.

The original purpose of FFP was to stop clubs getting into massive debts (a la Portsmouth). Plattini then changed the way the rule were to be applied.
LP12 (now with the special Peter Swain magic touch and a Kore and T-Cable) for analogue, Majik Aktiv System for digital

A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory

Live Long And Prosper

Scooter

Post by Scooter » Thu May 15, 2014 6:16 pm

Some years ago, when I was working, my mate came in in a concerned state. I asked what was up. He said he had watched Newsnight which predicted that Everton could be the first Premier team to become bankrupt. I think it is still only a matter of time before one does. I think the football associations are trying to prevent it by limiting spending. Everton got their house in order and have shown that you don't need to spend millions to do well. The clubs still seem to have this philosophy that you can spend to buy your way out of trouble. They also seem oblivious to costs and balance sheets. I think it's sad that you can read as much about football in the business pages as the sports pages nowadays. I guess that's "progress".
"Never has so much been lost by so many, to satisfy so few"

Jazz Club

Post by Jazz Club » Thu May 15, 2014 10:16 pm

Its all down to TV.
Liverpool were the highest earner in the prem last season.
TV rights go on the market again very soon.
So its fun and games time again.
Sky will be fighting BT this time. :roll:
It wont be long before every club has there own pay per view channel on the internet.

Red Chris

Post by Red Chris » Fri May 16, 2014 8:52 am

Carlton the door man wrote:Its all down to TV.
It wont be long before every club has there own pay per view channel on the internet.
Can't wait - as I won't have to subscribe to many games :p
Currently Cymbiosis LP12 Woodsong Wenge, Klimax Radikal/Chord Sarum T, Keel/A, Khan, Tranquility, Urika/Chord SSA, Aro, sKale, Lyra Kleos SL - Sondek owner since 1982 - the rest is Naim, Chord and Kudos 8)

grimreaper46

Post by grimreaper46 » Fri May 16, 2014 9:43 am

That is the system in Spain, which is why only two teams regularly contest their Championship.

The Premier League interveened when that competition started because a couple of Clubs in England wanted to do the same but were blocked. The Premier League can do this because the TV companies need permission from them to televise games.
LP12 (now with the special Peter Swain magic touch and a Kore and T-Cable) for analogue, Majik Aktiv System for digital

A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory

Live Long And Prosper

Jazz Club

Post by Jazz Club » Sat May 17, 2014 1:31 am

Just heard on BBC News Man City have been fined only £50 million because they agreed to shorter team/player lists for next season.
They were going to off load a lot of players anyway.
They have broken even this year a spoke person for the club said. :roll:
Can anyone tell me what happens to all those millions clubs players and managers get fined every year?
I can think of lots of words for FA.
Its like the world cup.
Yes it starts next month. :roll:
In all my years I don't ever remember a build up like this.
No one seems to be bothered about it.
Has reality kicked in at last?

grimreaper46

Post by grimreaper46 » Sat May 17, 2014 9:16 am

Carlton the door man wrote:Just heard on BBC News Man City have been fined only £50 million because they agreed to shorter team/player lists for next season.
They were going to off load a lot of players anyway.
They have broken even this year a spoke person for the club said. :roll:
Can anyone tell me what happens to all those millions clubs players and managers get fined every year?
I can think of lots of words for FA.
Its like the world cup.
Yes it starts next month. :roll:
In all my years I don't ever remember a build up like this.
No one seems to be bothered about it.
Has reality kicked in at last?
They have agreed a package with UEFA. As have the other clubs.

If I am a business man, lets say Richard Branson and I start a new business can I spend some of my fortune in supporting my new business. Of course I can. When RB started Virgin Airways he had to subsidise it for years to build it up till it made a profit. That is what the Sheik has done with City. The club has NO DEBTS unlike a certain other club in the area. Also we are projecting break even next year.

FFP was originally devised to stop owners buying clubs and then eventually selling of the club and leaving them with vast debts, or as in the case of Portsmouth the owner lending the club lots of money then selling and demanding all his money back immediately.

Sheik Mansour has invested money in the local area, spent loads on setting up the Academy and the Man City womens team. The under 12's under 14's and under 16's have been supported and doing very well. The Elite Development Squad that plays against the EDS teams of our opponents in the Champions League are also successful.

Manchester City Council have made millions out of the club. Not only in the area investment but that the Sheik agreed to up the ammount City pay for using the stadium which helps the whole of the Councils budget.

Live Long And Prosper

SteveJ

Post by SteveJ » Sun May 18, 2014 11:08 pm

Hi Grim,

Look's like I have found a fellow City supporter on this forum. :smt052 It's been a very enjoyable year this year and, despite UEFA's ridiculous posturing, I think we're in for even better things next season. Someone has to keep the flag flying in Manchester. 8)

ATB

Steve

Red Chris

Post by Red Chris » Sun May 18, 2014 11:25 pm

Dream dream dream
Currently Cymbiosis LP12 Woodsong Wenge, Klimax Radikal/Chord Sarum T, Keel/A, Khan, Tranquility, Urika/Chord SSA, Aro, sKale, Lyra Kleos SL - Sondek owner since 1982 - the rest is Naim, Chord and Kudos 8)

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer