LP Flattening Service

Reviews I have carried out on products I have bought, or I have borrowed from the manufacturer/distributor.

Moderator: The Kurators

User avatar
Mr Onion
Site Moderator
Posts: 6642
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:13 pm
Location: Between two Super 20's

Re: LP Flattening Service

Post by Mr Onion » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:43 pm

I thought you said you had a lot to send? :smt017 :smt005

I wonder if Analogue Seduction will pay me commission for all sales originating from here? :mrg:
James
_________________

Fluted Afro LP12, Khan, KEEL, Cirkus, Tranquillity, Urika, Radikal (with Allium Skin Mods), EKOS SE/1, sKale, DVXX-2mkII
Consonance Ref 2.2 Linear (upgraded) with Marigo Lab Aida CD Mat
NACish 72, NAPish 250, Kudos Super 20's

User avatar
Coyote Jim
Site Moderator
Posts: 8540
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:18 pm
Location: "In The Groove"

Re: LP Flattening Service

Post by Coyote Jim » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:16 pm

Mr Onion wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:43 pm
I thought you said you had a lot to send? :smt017 :smt005

I wonder if Analogue Seduction will pay me commission for all sales originating from here? :mrg:
I'll pop a note in with details. 8) :smt023
Turntable - LP12, Cirkus, Keel, Ekos SE/1, Kandid, K-Radikal, Urika.
Amplifier - Linn Majik I Integrated Dynamik.
CD Player - Linn Majik CD.
Speakers - Kudos X3.
Cables - Linn Silvers & K200 Black.
Support - Target TT4.

User avatar
Coyote Jim
Site Moderator
Posts: 8540
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:18 pm
Location: "In The Groove"

Re: LP Flattening Service

Post by Coyote Jim » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:43 pm

Well as of Tuesday last I've sent 9 warpies off to be treated so here hoping for some good results. :roll:
Turntable - LP12, Cirkus, Keel, Ekos SE/1, Kandid, K-Radikal, Urika.
Amplifier - Linn Majik I Integrated Dynamik.
CD Player - Linn Majik CD.
Speakers - Kudos X3.
Cables - Linn Silvers & K200 Black.
Support - Target TT4.

User avatar
evil_C
Full Member
Posts: 2398
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:14 am

Re: LP Flattening Service

Post by evil_C » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:21 am

Coyote Jim wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:43 pm
Well as of Tuesday last I've sent 9 warpies off to be treated so here hoping for some good results. :roll:
Fingers crossed for a favourable result, Jim. The downside is that there’ll be another nine records you’ll be playing, which I’ll probably want to buy, and I’ve nothing to play them on for the next eight weeks or so! 😡

User avatar
Mr Onion
Site Moderator
Posts: 6642
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:13 pm
Location: Between two Super 20's

Re: LP Flattening Service

Post by Mr Onion » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:39 am

9 LP's @ 4 hrs per LP. Thats going to keep them busy all week :lol:

Oh the anticipation
James
_________________

Fluted Afro LP12, Khan, KEEL, Cirkus, Tranquillity, Urika, Radikal (with Allium Skin Mods), EKOS SE/1, sKale, DVXX-2mkII
Consonance Ref 2.2 Linear (upgraded) with Marigo Lab Aida CD Mat
NACish 72, NAPish 250, Kudos Super 20's

User avatar
Coyote Jim
Site Moderator
Posts: 8540
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:18 pm
Location: "In The Groove"

Re: LP Flattening Service

Post by Coyote Jim » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:41 am

evil_C wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:21 am
The downside is that there’ll be another nine records you’ll be playing, which I’ll probably want to buy, and I’ve nothing to play them on for the next eight weeks or so! 😡
Got me intrigued now Clive I suspect a new topic starting. :smt017 :shock:
Turntable - LP12, Cirkus, Keel, Ekos SE/1, Kandid, K-Radikal, Urika.
Amplifier - Linn Majik I Integrated Dynamik.
CD Player - Linn Majik CD.
Speakers - Kudos X3.
Cables - Linn Silvers & K200 Black.
Support - Target TT4.

User avatar
Coyote Jim
Site Moderator
Posts: 8540
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:18 pm
Location: "In The Groove"

Re: LP Flattening Service

Post by Coyote Jim » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:13 am

Review :roll:
Put on kettle and set your alarm clock. :smt015
It's not very often that a service gets provided to solve a problem that has been an issue for quite some time.
In the older days warped LPs were reasonably rare and in didn't in any way bring anxiety to the process of buying an album but with the resurgence of Vinyl being quite prevalent unfortunately the manufacturing standards of pressings aren't always what they used to be.
This service has greatly reduced this problem as I have been buying LPs all the time and have even went through the no shops but now online buying sometimes a faulty return is just too costly so I found myself being left with a collection of brand new but warped LPs
I found out about this service from a HI Fi and music forum called HI Fi Kabin.
index.php
And to say I'm delighted is an understatement my albums were shipped off and then returned from being totally scrap and unusable to as good as my best flat albums in my collection.
This service should have points for carbon footprint reduction I've saved a fortune in recovering what would have been landfill.
The records I sent off were all brand new and had been sealed on arrival only to find they are all very bent." Over a period of time " the original sellers were contacted and with this number only being the ones they didn't want back I was advised to dispose off as I pleased.
Well I'm a tight git so too good to waste I even thought about some cool framed artworks etc but with not much wall space I sat on them.
That is until James mailed me to tell me about this new service he was going give a prod and looking at his before and after vids a little alarm went off in my head.
Special rates for quantities £39 inc vat postage signed for to them with Royal Mail cost £13
So without arguing over the pennies 9 free albums made good for £52
I like that especially considering one of them is on the river for £300.
It's a win win nothing to lose it was all scrap anyway.
8) :smt023
Send you're warpies here.
https://www.analogueseduction.net/vinyl ... BFLAT.html
Turntable - LP12, Cirkus, Keel, Ekos SE/1, Kandid, K-Radikal, Urika.
Amplifier - Linn Majik I Integrated Dynamik.
CD Player - Linn Majik CD.
Speakers - Kudos X3.
Cables - Linn Silvers & K200 Black.
Support - Target TT4.

User avatar
Mr Onion
Site Moderator
Posts: 6642
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:13 pm
Location: Between two Super 20's

Re: LP Flattening Service

Post by Mr Onion » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:38 am

Glad you had he same experience that I did Jim. Now enjoy all of your 'new' records.
James
_________________

Fluted Afro LP12, Khan, KEEL, Cirkus, Tranquillity, Urika, Radikal (with Allium Skin Mods), EKOS SE/1, sKale, DVXX-2mkII
Consonance Ref 2.2 Linear (upgraded) with Marigo Lab Aida CD Mat
NACish 72, NAPish 250, Kudos Super 20's

Wenge1
Queue Moderator
Posts: 4823
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:26 pm

Re: LP Flattening Service

Post by Wenge1 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:50 pm

Coyote Jim wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:13 am
Review :roll:
Put on kettle and set your alarm clock. :smt015
It's not very often that a service gets provided to solve a problem that has been an issue for quite some time.
In the older days warped LPs were reasonably rare and in didn't in any way bring anxiety to the process of buying an album but with the resurgence of Vinyl being quite prevalent unfortunately the manufacturing standards of pressings aren't always what they used to be.
This service has greatly reduced this problem as I have been buying LPs all the time and have even went through the no shops but now online buying sometimes a faulty return is just too costly so I found myself being left with a collection of brand new but warped LPs
I found out about this service from a HI Fi and music forum called HI Fi Kabin.
index.php
And to say I'm delighted is an understatement my albums were shipped off and then returned from being totally scrap and unusable to as good as my best flat albums in my collection.
This service should have points for carbon footprint reduction I've saved a fortune in recovering what would have been landfill.
The records I sent off were all brand new and had been sealed on arrival only to find they are all very bent." Over a period of time " the original sellers were contacted and with this number only being the ones they didn't want back I was advised to dispose off as I pleased.
Well I'm a tight git so too good to waste I even thought about some cool framed artworks etc but with not much wall space I sat on them.
That is until James mailed me to tell me about this new service he was going give a prod and looking at his before and after vids a little alarm went off in my head.
Special rates for quantities £39 inc vat postage signed for to them with Royal Mail cost £13
So without arguing over the pennies 9 free albums made good for £52
I like that especially considering one of them is on the river for £300.
It's a win win nothing to lose it was all scrap anyway.
8) :smt023
Send you're warpies here.
https://www.analogueseduction.net/vinyl ... BFLAT.html
Cheers for the right up Jim ............ :smt023
LP12 - Klimax Radikal/Urika, Karmen, Tranquility, Rubikon, Ekos SE, Skale, Kandid
CD Player - dCS Puccini CD Player + Scarlatti Master Clock
Amps - KK/1(D), Klimax Twin (D)
Speakers - ProAc Response D2's
Cables - Chord Sarum Super Arrays + Chord Signature speaker cable
.

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer