What Are You Listening To In June 2017

Where would we be without the music?

Moderator: The Kurators

Pediatrik

Re: What Are You Listening To In June 2017

Post by Pediatrik » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:25 pm

Another KAOTM competitor!
:smt020
LP12, Cirkus, Kore, Trampolin 2, Lingo 2, Akito 1b, Adikt, Akurate EDSM, Akurate Exaktbox 10 channel, Akurate 4200s, Keltiks, Silver ICs, Black K200s

Wenge1

Post by Wenge1 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:44 pm

On Vinyl ......... 8)
Harban 'Wenge' Cymbiosis Signature LP12, Klimax Radikal / Urika, Karmen, Tranquility, Rubikon, Ekos SE, Skale, Krystal. Sarum Super Array IC's. Chord Signature speaker cable

dCS Puccini CD Player

KK/1(D), Klimax Twin (D), ProAc Response D2's

Coyote Jim
Site Moderator

Post by Coyote Jim » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:48 pm

Wenge1 wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:44 pm
On Vinyl ......... 8)

Adam,
That's a real bargain set that.
Mine is totally warped and went back I mailed them a short vid of it they didn't know what warped meant.
:roll:
"Cymbiosis"
LP12,Cirkus,Radikal,Urika,Keel,Linn mat,Ekos SE/1,Krystal,Majik I Dynamik,Majik CD,
Kudos X3,Quadraspire Q4 EVO Rack,Glass Naim Cups & Balls, Linn Silvers & K200 Black with Linn Knekt Bananas. 8) :smt023

Wenge1

Post by Wenge1 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:51 pm

Coyote Jim wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:48 pm
Wenge1 wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:44 pm
On Vinyl ......... 8)

Adam,
That's a real bargain set that.
Mine is totally warped and went back I mailed them a short vid of it they didn't know what warped meant.
:roll:

Jeez Jim, you do get some bad luck. Mine is ruler flat ....... :oops: ....... fingers crossed for ............... :smt023
Harban 'Wenge' Cymbiosis Signature LP12, Klimax Radikal / Urika, Karmen, Tranquility, Rubikon, Ekos SE, Skale, Krystal. Sarum Super Array IC's. Chord Signature speaker cable

dCS Puccini CD Player

KK/1(D), Klimax Twin (D), ProAc Response D2's

evil_C

Post by evil_C » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:05 pm

Pediatrik wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:25 pm
Another KAOTM competitor!
:smt020

Agreed. If only I could get a clean second side!
BTW regarding 'Cold Water' I think the trailer was for a TV drama, rather than Closer.

Scooter

Post by Scooter » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:19 pm

Pediatrik wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:42 pm
Definetely a competitor for my KAOTM! :smt023

The reviews have been so positive and they are looking to be correct, lovely album.
I watch the waves roll in and roll out just the same

Mr Onion
Site Moderator

Post by Mr Onion » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:35 am

evil_C wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:03 pm
I saw a trailer on TV advertising some upcoming drama, the name of which passed me by, but there was this really haunting melody, with the line "Cold water surrounds me now". A quick Google search revealed that it was a song called 'Cold Water' by Damien Rice from his album 'O'. I checked on here and found that Mr O had recommended it some time last year and found it on Amazon for £1.26 delivered next day. I recognise a few other tunes on first listen. Quite catchy.

Tis a great album, full of fantastic tunes and lots of angst. There is only one problem with it.

They never released a Vinyl version. xss07
James

Fluted Afro LP12, Khan, Kore, Cirkus, Tranquillity, Trampolin2, Radikal (with Allium Skin Mods), EKOS SE/1, sKale, DVXX-2mkII, HoL Mat

Lots of black boxes connected with bits of damp string.

Coyote Jim
Site Moderator

Post by Coyote Jim » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:40 am

image.jpeg
Gem from 1972

Arthur Adams
Guitar
Larry Carlton
Guitar
Wilton Felder
Bass (Electric), Composer, Group Member, Sax (Tenor), Saxophone
Wayne Henderson
Composer, Trombone
Stix Hooper
Drums, Group Member, Percussion
Chuck Rainey
Bass, Bass (Electric)
Joe Sample
Composer, Group Member, Keyboards
David T. Walker
Guitar
Get the funk and see the man. 8) :smt023
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Cymbiosis"
LP12,Cirkus,Radikal,Urika,Keel,Linn mat,Ekos SE/1,Krystal,Majik I Dynamik,Majik CD,
Kudos X3,Quadraspire Q4 EVO Rack,Glass Naim Cups & Balls, Linn Silvers & K200 Black with Linn Knekt Bananas. 8) :smt023

Mr Onion
Site Moderator

Post by Mr Onion » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:50 am

greatest_hits.jpg
Double Black Stuff.
I am so happy to finally reveal the first song from the collaboration between myself and Laura Barnett, ‘Common Ground’ from the album accompanying the novel ‘Greatest Hits’. After hearing me on Cerys Matthews show, Laura asked if I would “make real” and bring to life this Greatest Hits album from the novel. It sounded impossible… so I said yes.

Laura’s new novel ‘Greatest Hits’ is set in one day when the character and fictional singer-songwriter Cass Wheeler is looking over her life while compiling a greatest hits… each track corresponds to a chapter in the novel, which marks a different era in the character’s life.

Writing and singing as Cass, this album follows her from the 1970s through to 2015. ‘Common Ground’ is the first song Cass is really proud of. It reveals on her first album “the state that she is in”. It deals with the memory of Cass being left by her mother who strides out to make a new life.

I am so pleased to finally be getting this out. It is produced by Romeo Stodart and features a stellar band.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
James

Fluted Afro LP12, Khan, Kore, Cirkus, Tranquillity, Trampolin2, Radikal (with Allium Skin Mods), EKOS SE/1, sKale, DVXX-2mkII, HoL Mat

Mr Onion
Site Moderator

Post by Mr Onion » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:04 pm

Machines.jpg
Newly arrived black stuff from 2012 that I missed the first time around
James

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer