Qobuz Help

Where would we be without the music?

Moderators: The Krew, The Kurators

Scooter

Qobuz Help

Post by Scooter »

I have been trying to go through the new releases this morning, some high res will not load....
Whilst others will...
Yet when I try in the app on my iPad the albums that won’t load On Kazoo will play fine. Is anyone else seeing this.
“We've got to stay strong, we’ve got to stay home, and stay together, and settle on the fact that it's probably going to be a pretty long walk home.” Bruce Springsteen April 2020

Scooter

Re: Qobuz Help

Post by Scooter »

Looking at other forums this seems to be a problem others are encountering.
“We've got to stay strong, we’ve got to stay home, and stay together, and settle on the fact that it's probably going to be a pretty long walk home.” Bruce Springsteen April 2020

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

On Friday I was up early to purchase and download two albums with no problem. I also played a few tracks from the new releases on Qobuz. All done with no problems. Saturday I tried to play some new releases from Qobuz but a fair few “failed to load”. That’s the message in the Kazoo window. After getting no response here I assumed no one had the same problem so I looked at wigwam to find I wasn’t alone. Sunday purchased and downloaded another album, did all I had to do to play the album only to find the album wasn’t there. So went through what’s needed rescan and rebuild. Still the album didn’t show.
I use two control points predominantly Kazoo and occasionally Linn’s new app Music (which isn’t reliable so don’t use that often). Both won’t load some albums from Qobuz and the new album isn’t there on my server. One recommendation on the wam was to try Lumin as a control point. So downloaded it and Qobuz worked now with no problems but the new album still was not there. Forgot that I have Twonky library still installed so tried that and the new album is there.
I have put emails into both Linn and Qobuz about the issue.
So in summary if you are having the problem with Qobuz “failing to load”. Download Lumin, it’s a bit unusual to use but it works. Once the album has loaded you can see the album on your Kazoo playlist. It’s a strange situation which hopefully will get sorted soon.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Just had a reply from Linn...
Thank you for contacting Linn.

I have asked our engineers to investigate the issue. They suspect we will need to make changes to Kazoo and the new app to resolve them. This will require a new version of Kazoo to be released once the fix has been applied. This is due to some changes made by Qobuz.

Please bear with us while we get this issue resolved.

Pediatrik

Post by Pediatrik »

Since I’m on holiday I haven’t noticed the issue Keith. I hope they fix it within the next week or I will have to go the Lumin way if the problem is still there when I return home again.
LP12, Cirkus, Kore, Trampolin 2, Lingo 2, Akito 1b, Adikt, Klimax Exakt DSM/0, Klimax Exaktbox/2, Akurate 4200s, Keltiks, Silver ICs, Black K200s

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

The app works fine on the phone or iPad so you will be OK. They are working on it but up to now Lumin still works. It does appear to be getting worse, those using roon now seem to be having the same issue.

MHmusic

Post by MHmusic »

Scooter wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:00 am
The app works fine on the phone or iPad so you will be OK. They are working on it but up to now Lumin still works. It does appear to be getting worse, those using roon now seem to be having the same issue.
Had a 'quiet' week and so not seen this although we did have lunch outside the other day and I was playing a Qobuz playlist on the linn out there and it was missing quite a few tracks. I had assumed it was just an older playlist as sometimes the addressing changes and tracks drop off (which it may well have been). If I get some time later I will give it a try.

I have seen new releases referenced a few it something to do with albums recently added to Qobuz or is it something randomly impacting things but just noticed first on the new ones? Is anyone clear?

Didn't get a warm and encouraging feeling from Linn's Devt forum response that this will be fixed anytime soon. :(

evil_C

Post by evil_C »

I realise I’m a bit late responding to this, but Qobuz new releases are playing fine on my Naim streamer. I do limit the stream to 24/96 owing to lousy broadband, but it’s working fine.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

MHmusic wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:40 am
Scooter wrote:
Had a 'quiet' week and so not seen this although we did have lunch outside the other day and I was playing a Qobuz playlist on the linn out there and it was missing quite a few tracks. I had assumed it was just an older playlist as sometimes the addressing changes and tracks drop off (which it may well have been). If I get some time later I will give it a try.

I have seen new releases referenced a few it something to do with albums recently added to Qobuz or is it something randomly impacting things but just noticed first on the new ones? Is anyone clear?

Didn't get a warm and encouraging feeling from Linn's Devt forum response that this will be fixed anytime soon. :(
It seems to be new high res releases from about a week ago and to confuse things not all of them. It only started on Sunday and from what I’ve read it’s a Linn issue, Naim etc seem to be fine as you say including the app on phone and iPad. I’ve switched to Lumin which works and takes some getting used to. Just have to wait now for the fix.

MHmusic

Post by MHmusic »

Scooter wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:43 pm
MHmusic wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:40 am
Scooter wrote:

It seems to be new high res releases from about a week ago and to confuse things not all of them. It only started on Sunday and from what I’ve read it’s a Linn issue, Naim etc seem to be fine as you say including the app on phone and iPad. I’ve switched to Lumin which works and takes some getting used to. Just have to wait now for the fix.
Thanks. I sampled a few this morning and it was exactly as you describe. It’s difficult to imagine the problem but wonder if it’s to do with format or tagging changes that have uncovered a previously unseen error in the Linn firmware? I have LUMIN and will use that if I am desperate :)

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer