Pediatrik

Re: The Live Music Room.

Post by Pediatrik » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:14 pm

FangfossFlyer wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:00 pm
Hothouse Flowers

13th November 2018
Pocklington Arts Centre

Our local venue which is a small arts centre with that wonderful small venue vibe.

A fun time was had by all!

Richard

:shock: Wow! Haven’t heard them since the late eighties/early nineties. Thought they stopped making music together there and then!
LP12, Cirkus, Kore, Trampolin 2, Lingo 2, Akito 1b, Adikt, Akurate EDSM, Klimax Exaktbox/2, Akurate 4200s, Keltiks, Silver ICs, Black K200s

BevC

Post by BevC » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:53 pm

On Saturday evening we travelled to Birmingham to see Frankie Valli. All I can say is wow! He was amazing and it’s difficult to believe he’s in his 80s. This is a man who has been there, done that and been at the top of his game for decades. It was a fabulous mix of both the Four Seasons and his solo material, including Who Loves You, Rag Doll, Grease, Can’t Take My Eyes Off You and My Eyes Adored You to name a few. That wonderful voice is still there and his backing band were tremendous. The set was about 2 hours long and we could have stayed all night. The whole place was on its feet. It was a privilege, as this is his Farewell tour. His retirement is well deserved but he will be sadly missed.

dan steel
Queue Moderator

Post by dan steel » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:23 am

Another fine gig was had by me and Keith at the Leaf in Liverpool. The excellent Molly Burch rode into town and performed a lovely intimate gig to a very appreciative audience.
Hailing from Austin Texas and backed by a 4 piece band of drummer, bass and two guitarist plus Molly on keyboards she treated us to tracks off her two album releases. She has a sweet voice and fans of Angel Olsen and Courtney Marie Andrews would have been in their element as she deliverd a range of songs that were very pleasing to the ear. She had a fine backing band and her chat with the audience was warm and friendly. A great set and one gig we both were glad we attended.
Before Molly’s set we were entertained by Andy Jenkins a singer/writer who I hadn’t heard before but he put together an fine set and his latest album is produced by Matthew E White which can’t be bad.
As her tour was coming to the end we took advantage of the offers I bought her two albums which she signed and Keith got the cd’s.
All in all another great night next gig Ian Prowse at the O2 in a couple of weeks. 8)
None foreign parts LP12 - Naim CD - Naim Amplication - Kudos Speakers.

Scooter

Post by Scooter » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:32 pm

dan steel wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:23 am
Another fine gig was had by me and Keith at the Leaf in Liverpool. The excellent Molly Burch rode into town and performed a lovely intimate gig to a very appreciative audience.
Hailing from Austin Texas and backed by a 4 piece band of drummer, bass and two guitarist plus Molly on keyboards she treated us to tracks off her two album releases. She has a sweet voice and fans of Angel Olsen and Courtney Marie Andrews would have been in their element as she deliverd a range of songs that were very pleasing to the ear. She had a fine backing band and her chat with the audience was warm and friendly. A great set and one gig we both were glad we attended.
Before Molly’s set we were entertained by Andy Jenkins a singer/writer who I hadn’t heard before but he put together an fine set and his latest album is produced by Matthew E White which can’t be bad.
As her tour was coming to the end we took advantage of the offers I bought her two albums which she signed and Keith got the cd’s.
All in all another great night next gig Ian Prowse at the O2 in a couple of weeks. 8)

Great night, good band and company, cheers Jim. Problems with traffic, also getting home, caused by Jeff Lynnes War of the World on at the Arena. They were all coming out as I got to Liverpool 1.
"Never has so much been lost by so many, to satisfy so few"

dan steel
Queue Moderator

Post by dan steel » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:12 pm

Scooter wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:32 pm
dan steel wrote:

Great night, good band and company, cheers Jim. Problems with traffic, also getting home, caused by Jeff Lynnes War of the World on at the Arena. They were all coming out as I got to Liverpool 1.

I got stuck on the train in a tunnel before Moorefield for an hour. The train was delayed due to someone being on the line in Bootle. :smt013
Probably an Everton supporter trying to kill himself after last nights result. :smt005

Coyote Jim
Site Moderator

Post by Coyote Jim » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:30 pm

dan steel wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:12 pm
I got stuck on the train in a tunnel before Moorefield for an hour. The train was delayed due to someone being on the line in Bootle. :smt013
Probably an Everton supporter trying to kill himself after last nights result. :smt005

Hard Lines.
xss19
If he held it up longer it would have been a sleeper. :smt015
:oops: :smt005
"Cymbiosis"
Analogue Klimax LP12, Linn CD, Analogue Linn Amp, Kudos Speakers. 8) :smt023
Coyote Jim :wink:

dan steel
Queue Moderator

Post by dan steel » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:38 pm

Coyote Jim wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:30 pm
dan steel wrote:

Hard Lines.
xss19

I sent my letter of complaint to Mr Grayling... but I’m not holding out for a reply. :smt013

Coyote Jim
Site Moderator

Post by Coyote Jim » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:59 pm

dan steel wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:38 pm
Coyote Jim wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:30 pm
dan steel wrote:

Hard Lines.
xss19

I sent my letter of complaint to Mr Grayling... but I’m not holding out for a reply. :smt013
image.jpeg
Looks like Grayling is derailing he's lost the point. :smt005
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Cymbiosis"
Analogue Klimax LP12, Linn CD, Analogue Linn Amp, Kudos Speakers. 8) :smt023
Coyote Jim :wink:

Scooter

Post by Scooter » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:06 pm

dan steel wrote:
Scooter wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:32 pm
dan steel wrote:

Could have been someone who had been to the Arena!!
"Never has so much been lost by so many, to satisfy so few"

evil_C

Post by evil_C » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:08 am

Rick Wakeman, Piano Odyssey tour, last night at St. George's, Brandon Hill. Not only is Rick an exceptional musician, he can also tell a good story and some dreadful jokes. This is the fourth time I've seen him and in the most intimate setting. He always comes across as a jolly decent bloke too. Thoroughly enjoyable.

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer