The Live Music Room.

Where would we be without the music?

Moderator: The Kurators

Scooter

Re: The Live Music Room.

Post by Scooter » Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:06 pm

evil_C wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:08 am

Rick Wakeman, Piano Odyssey tour, last night at St. George's, Brandon Hill. Not only is Rick an exceptional musician, he can also tell a good story and some dreadful jokes. This is the fourth time I've seen him and in the most intimate setting. He always comes across as a jolly decent bloke too. Thoroughly enjoyable.

I heard him on Cerys a few weeks back he is certainly entertaining. There are a few musician who do this type of show now, I believe Guy Pratt is a good one to see. I've seen some footballers doing after dinner talks so why not musicians.
"Doomed. We're doomed I'll tell ye"

dan steel
Queue Moderator

Post by dan steel » Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:24 pm

Scooter wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:06 pm
evil_C wrote:

Rick Wakeman, Piano Odyssey tour, last night at St. George's, Brandon Hill. Not only is Rick an exceptional musician, he can also tell a good story and some dreadful jokes. This is the fourth time I've seen him and in the most intimate setting. He always comes across as a jolly decent bloke too. Thoroughly enjoyable.

I heard him on Cerys a few weeks back he is certainly entertaining. There are a few musician who do this type of show now, I believe Guy Pratt is a good one to see. I've seen some footballers doing after dinner talks so why not musicians.

Bet his after dinner talks are a hoot, if he can remember any. 8)
None foreign parts LP12 - Naim CD - Naim Amplication - Kudos Speakers.

Scooter

Post by Scooter » Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:28 pm

dan steel wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:24 pm
Scooter wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:06 pm
evil_C wrote:

Bet his after dinner talks are a hoot, if he can remember any. 8)

:D

dan steel
Queue Moderator

Post by dan steel » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:48 pm

Me & Keith will be attending this bash tonight. 😎

Scooter

Post by Scooter » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:03 am

As Jim previously posted last night was the Ian Prowse Christmas show. Show opened by Brian Nash of Frankie fame who was on when we got in. This was followed by Tommy Scott of Space. Both Jim and I do not really like his voice so it was a wait for the main event which started around nine o’clock when the band walked followed by Ian and straight into God and Men, a song full of references to the city outside the venue, Liverpool. We then got well over two hours of highly charged entertainment. The band was the full band plus a brass section, drummer, bass, guitar, keyboards, two violinist, flute/penny whistle and Ian himself on acoustic/electric guitar. It stated that the curfew was at eleven but he was still going at ten past then I lost time. I’ve been going to this show for years only missing one when my mate was poorly. It started at the Arts Club which holds about 300 to 400 max but last year moved to the O2 as it has got bigger. Last night was probably the biggest and seemed pretty close to a sell out. It’s fast becoming a Liverpool tradition, long may it do so.
Hope you got home OK Jim, we were late leaving as Jim was bought a CD and vinyl album. Great night to bring the year to an end and we’ve seen some great gigs over the year. I think Ethan Johns supported by Robert Vincent one of the highlights. Here’s to next year.

dan steel
Queue Moderator

Post by dan steel » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:38 am

Yes another excellent gig by Mr Prowse, he sure knows how to entertain. Over 2 hours of Celtic swing music that kept us highly entertained. He was joined at the end by Nasher for a great version of FGTH song The Power Of Love which Nasher wrote.
A great evening as always with Keith who music knowledge is exceptional. I managed to make the last train home amongst the drunken travellers who had been enjoying their Xmas nights out.
Here’s to 2019 and many more gigs, nothing beats live music. 8)

Scooter

Post by Scooter » Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:03 pm

dan steel wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:38 am
Yes another excellent gig by Mr Prowse, he sure knows how to entertain. Over 2 hours of Celtic swing music that kept us highly entertained. He was joined at the end by Nasher for a great version of FGTH song The Power Of Love which Nasher wrote.
A great evening as always with Keith who music knowledge is exceptional. I managed to make the last train home amongst the drunken travellers who had been enjoying their Xmas nights out.

Glad you got home OK, here’s to next year.

dan steel
Queue Moderator

Post by dan steel » Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:21 pm

Scooter wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:03 pm
dan steel wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:38 am

Glad you got home OK, here’s to next year.

Cheers Keith. 8)

Coyote Jim
Site Moderator

Post by Coyote Jim » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:18 am

At Jazz Club this evening for the first gig of the year being entertained in fab style.
Ken Mathieson’s Classic Jazz Orchestra.
Is an 8 piece band with a big sound and features the cream of Scottish Jazz - the line up for our event is Paul Harrison on piano, Roy Percy on double bass, Ken Mathieson on drums, Tom McNiven on trumpet, Chris Grieve on trombone, Konrad Wiszniewski on tenor sax and Dick Lee and Martin Foster on reeds.
This is music to lift the spirits and get the feet tapping!
Google these names for an eye and ear opener so happy and lucky to have this class on the doorstep.
This Cooks! 8) :smt023
"Cymbiosis"
Klimax LP12, Linn CD, Linn Amp, Kudos Speakers.
Coyote Jim :wink:

Scooter

Post by Scooter » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:39 am

Coyote Jim wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:18 am
At Jazz Club this evening for the first gig of the year being entertained in fab style.
Ken Mathieson’s Classic Jazz Orchestra.
Is an 8 piece band with a big sound and features the cream of Scottish Jazz - the line up for our event is Paul Harrison on piano, Roy Percy on double bass, Ken Mathieson on drums, Tom McNiven on trumpet, Chris Grieve on trombone, Konrad Wiszniewski on tenor sax and Dick Lee and Martin Foster on reeds.
This is music to lift the spirits and get the feet tapping!
Google these names for an eye and ear opener so happy and lucky to have this class on the doorstep.
This Cooks! 8) :smt023

Nice start to the year.

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer