Radio Paradise

Where would we be without the music?

Moderator: The Kurators

Billz

Radio Paradise

Post by Billz » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:48 pm

I discovered Radio Paradise a few weeks ago and have been listening to it a lot. At the moment I am preferring to listen to RP instead of browsing my library or searching Tidal. I find the music almost 100% to my taste (probably an age thing) and hearing lots of ‘new to me’ music.

At the moment I am playing Radio Paradise on my AkurateDSM via Tunein radio. This is at 320kb. Does anyone know if it’s possible to play it at FLAC resolution? On the RP website they have FLAC playback for some systems but no mention of Linn.

Bill.
The man with no naim.

Main System: Akurate ADSM/3, Akurate 4200 with Aktive Cards, Keilidhs with Hiquphon Tweeters. Silver IC and K400.
Second Systems: RasperryPi with HiFiberry DAC into Classik and Kans. Blacks and K200.

Scooter

Re: Radio Paradise

Post by Scooter » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:52 pm

Billz wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:48 pm
I discovered Radio Paradise a few weeks ago and have been listening to it a lot. At the moment I am preferring to listen to RP instead of browsing my library or searching Tidal. I find the music almost 100% to my taste (probably an age thing) and hearing lots of ‘new to me’ music.

At the moment I am playing Radio Paradise on my AkurateDSM via Tunein radio. This is at 320kb. Does anyone know if it’s possible to play it at FLAC resolution? On the RP website they have FLAC playback for some systems but no mention of Linn.

Bill.

Yes I think you can but you have to do it from the app and songcast it to your DS, if I remember correctly. I’m not near my system at the moment but I’ll check later tonight when I get home.
"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed and loving the people who are doing the oppressing." -Malcolm X

Billz

Post by Billz » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:22 pm

Thanks Scooter. I have the app on my iPad and I will give it a try over the weekend. If it works it will at least let me find out if there is a big improvement in quality. As I am working from home a lot more, streaming from the iPad for long periods is not ideal.
The man with no naim.

Main System: Akurate ADSM/3, Akurate 4200 with Aktive Cards, Keilidhs with Hiquphon Tweeters. Silver IC and K400.
Second Systems: RasperryPi with HiFiberry DAC into Classik and Kans. Blacks and K200.

Scooter

Post by Scooter » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:41 pm

Billz wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:22 pm
Thanks Scooter. I have the app on my iPad and I will give it a try over the weekend. If it works it will at least let me find out if there is a big improvement in quality. As I am working from home a lot more, streaming from the iPad for long periods is not ideal.

I haven't checked it yet. My system has been down while the room has been decorated/painted/remodelled (take your pick) so I've been catching up. You may get it via tune in also.
"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed and loving the people who are doing the oppressing." -Malcolm X

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer