The Art of Drumming

Where would we be without the music?

Moderator: The Kurators

MHmusic

The Art of Drumming

Post by MHmusic » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:10 pm

Probably a bit late for a heads up but I recorder a short 4 part series called The Art of Drumming (Sky Arts) and only just got around to watching it. Each episode approaches the topic from a slightly different angle but mostly it's just a grea excuse to hear and see the best drummers talk about their passion alongside some grea tunes. How some of their brains work I don't know. Particularly Chris Dave and Thomas Lang. On different planets. Just nice to hear them talk with such passion for their heroes spanning 50's to now.

Coyote Jim
Site Moderator

Re: The Art of Drumming

Post by Coyote Jim » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:21 pm

I've always found it interesting how differently people enjoy music due to having a favourite instrument in a band for example.
After all who remembers being in the " air " band at the mates houses when listening in their early teens. :oops:
Four strings for me. :smt035
"Cymbiosis"
Analogue Klimax LP12, Linn CD, Analogue Linn Amp, Kudos Speakers. 8) :smt023
Coyote Jim :wink:

MHmusic

Re: The Art of Drumming

Post by MHmusic » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:41 pm

Coyote Jim wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:21 pm
I've always found it interesting how differently people enjoy music due to having a favourite instrument in a band for example.
After all who remembers being in the " air " band at the mates houses when listening in their early teens. :oops:
Four strings for me. :smt035

I agree. I think they all need to work but if I was to look for a pattern in ‘my music’ I am not sure what it would be. Maybe a reoccurring theme for me would be a female vocal in almost any genre. I do always enjoy an acoustic guitar or piano too but tbh the older I get the broader the ‘church’

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer