Bob Dylan and Neil Young - BST 2019

Where would we be without the music?

Moderator: The Kurators

FangfossFlyer

Re: Bob Dylan and Neil Young - BST 2019

Post by FangfossFlyer » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:27 am

Looks like the issue Neil has with Barclays and the Hyde Park gig is solved. As a result my ticket should still be valid and I assume Bob and Neil will play the final sets on the existing stage used by Barclays.

“Neil Young says he'll go ahead with a show in London's Hyde Park next year - but it will no longer be part of the Barclaycard-sponsored BST festival.

The star had previously criticised BST organisers for choosing a "fossil fuel funding entity" as a sponsor.

"That doesn't work for me," he said in a subsequently-deleted website post.

"I believe in science. I worry about the climate crisis and am deeply concerned about its massive global ramifications."

Although he stopped short of cancelling the shows, he said "one option" would be to replace the sponsor.

On Tuesday, he appeared to claim victory in a separate post , saying he was "happy to announce that the Hyde park show will proceed without Barclays as a sponsor".

"We are overjoyed, so happy to be playing the show!"

Later in the day, BST organisers said in a statement: "Neil Young has made the decision to move away from the Barclaycard presents British Summer Time concert series.

"Neil Young and Bob Dylan will play a stand-alone concert in Hyde Park on the same date, 12 July. All tickets will remain valid."

Barclaycard told the BBC it would not comment on the situation. Other BST gigs, including dates by Robbie Williams and Florence + The Machine, will not be affected.”

Richard
"When the music's over, Turn out the lights"
Linn LP12-Naim-B&W

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer