Springsteen Album Release

Where would we be without the music?

Moderator: The Kurators

Scooter

Springsteen Album Release

Post by Scooter » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:50 am

Up this morning to check out new releases and find a “new” Springsteen album, Songs For the Road, on Qobuz streaming section of Kazoo. It doesn’t appear in the new release section on the home page. So searched for it to find it isn’t available to buy yet it can be streamed. Also can’t find it on any other site. It’s an album of live recordings taken from shows ranging back to 1977 up to 2013., a few I already have but there are one or two gems on it including Highway 29 recorded in Belfast on his solo tour in 1996. Very strange.
"Never has so much been lost by so many, to satisfy so few"

MHmusic

Re: Springsteen Album Release

Post by MHmusic » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:47 am

Scooter wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:50 am
Up this morning to check out new releases and find a “new” Springsteen album, Songs For the Road, on Qobuz streaming section of Kazoo. It doesn’t appear in the new release section on the home page. So searched for it to find it isn’t available to buy yet it can be streamed. Also can’t find it on any other site. It’s an album of live recordings taken from shows ranging back to 1977 up to 2013., a few I already have but there are one or two gems on it including Highway 29 recorded in Belfast on his solo tour in 1996. Very strange.

It shows up on their app when you drill down to show 'all' of the new releases. I have noticed that the shorter selection on the home page quite often gets adjusted after a few days. Also quite a few live albums around.

Scooter

Post by Scooter » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:31 pm

MHmusic wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:47 am
Scooter wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:50 am

It shows up on their app when you drill down to show 'all' of the new releases. I have noticed that the shorter selection on the home page quite often gets adjusted after a few days. Also quite a few live albums around.

Cheers, maybe it’s just the French site. I also listened to the Gaz Coombes live in Paris which lacked atmosphere of a live album.

Coyote Jim
Site Moderator

Post by Coyote Jim » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:20 pm

image.jpeg
Just seen an advert for this on the telly :shock:
So I've found a couple of preorder possibilities available on CD or Vinyl.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Springsteen-Br ... n+Broadway
https://www.normanrecords.com/records/1 ... gIwQ_D_BwE
Might be of interest or possibly old news to those in the know. 8) :smt023
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Cymbiosis"
Analogue Klimax LP12, Linn CD, Analogue Linn Amp, Kudos Speakers. 8) :smt023
Coyote Jim :wink:

dan steel
Queue Moderator

Post by dan steel » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:38 pm

As usual the vinyl listener is getting screwed. :smt013
None foreign parts LP12 - Naim CD - Naim Amplication - Kudos Speakers.

PaulH

Post by PaulH » Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:35 pm

I've only recently started looking at the HiFi Kabin, and apologize in advance if this has already been mentioned elsewhere.

http://live.brucespringsteen.net/ has, I'd guess, over a hundred live shows officially available for purchase as high resolution downloads and CDs.

That 1996 Belfast concert is available http://live.brucespringsteen.net/live-m ... st-UK.html

Wenge1
Queue Moderator

Post by Wenge1 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:38 pm

dan steel wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:38 pm
As usual the vinyl listener is getting screwed. :smt013

Bang on Jim. I pick and choose what I get on vinyl these days. I often wait and sometimes prices do drop and sometime they don't. I'm glad I have loads of vinyl already to enjoy. Of course, as you know, vinyl bargains do crop up and luckily we do have a 'scout' out there ............... 8)
Harban 'Wenge' Cymbiosis Signature LP12, Klimax Radikal / Urika, Karmen, Tranquility, Rubikon, Ekos SE, Skale, Krystal. Sarum Super Array IC's. Chord Signature speaker cable

dCS Puccini CD Player

KK/1(D), Klimax Twin (D), ProAc Response D2's

Scooter

Post by Scooter » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:07 pm

PaulH wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:35 pm
I've only recently started looking at the HiFi Kabin, and apologize in advance if this has already been mentioned elsewhere.

http://live.brucespringsteen.net/ has, I'd guess, over a hundred live shows officially available for purchase as high resolution downloads and CDs.

That 1996 Belfast concert is available http://live.brucespringsteen.net/live-m ... st-UK.html

I’ve purchased a couple off this site and found the sound to be variable. Obviously this is to with the venue, the outside arena shows are the most variable. The indoor show that I have bought tend to be really good SQ. The last show I bought was Leeds 2013, Bruce says that the sound was really good in there and this comes across in the recording. Most are 24 bit, which is a bonus. Not sure if you can try before you buy it’s worth it. There are some gems on there. The Leeds show did contain some songs performed rarely, especially Thundercrack which is on there. They also did a Creedance Clearwater song which they hadn’t done before and was entertaining to see him and Little Steven picking which key to play it on to suite his vocal.

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer