Polly Paulsma "Slow Album"

Where would we be without the music?

Moderator: The Kurators

Mr Onion
Site Moderator

Polly Paulsma "Slow Album"

Post by Mr Onion » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:40 pm

Just had an email from Polly
Sending you all especially warm hugs this Christmastime. I feel like we all need one.

And this is news via email, just in case you missed it on social media, that I'm releasing a new album... it's called Pivot, and I'm releasing it very slowly, one song a month, across two years. A slow album.

It began as a crowd-sharing project but you can still join in if you want to. Or you can give it to a loved one for Christmas... truly the gift that keeps on giving.

This project, and the songs and recordings contained with in it, will not be made availably publicly until after the end of the two-year period. It's a private thing for backers.

If you'd like to be a part of it, all you need to do is follow these two easy steps....

1) send £10 via Paypal to polly@pollypaulusma.com
2) specify the email address of the desired recipient (you, or another?)

Then I will
3) add that email address to a list
4) send a song download code each month to that email

The first song is nearly ready to send; we are just doing last mix tweaks.

These songs have been accruing since 2012 and they tell all sorts of stories about the pivots we all perform daily in our roles as child, parent, partner, friend...

I do hope you'll want to be a part of it.

Sending you all love and my warmest wishes for a peaceful Christmas season and blessings in the New Year,

Polly P. x
Sounds interesting, and for only ten squid I'm in :smt023
James

Fluted Afro LP12, Khan, KEEL, Cirkus, Tranquillity, Urika, Radikal (with Allium Skin Mods), EKOS SE/1, sKale, DVXX-2mkII

NACish 72, NAPish 250, Kudos Super 20's

Mr Onion
Site Moderator

Re: Polly Paulsma "Slow Album"

Post by Mr Onion » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:50 pm

I have been meaning to post here all week, but the brain being what it is (ie a lump of soggy porridge) I kept on forgetting.

I got the first track on New Years Day downloable from Bandcamp (so any flavour you like up to WAV, the format it was recorded and uploaded in)

What can I say? If you like Polly (like a lot of us do) then you should sign up to this project. Its a great track to start the project. It only costs you a tenner to be part of it (thats £10 for the whole album delivered track by track) with the whole album being delivered over two years. Thats 24 tracks for £10. Bargain.

Oh, and in my experience the WAV sounded marginally better than the FLAC even though FLAC is supposed to be 'lossless' (Hard Drive>ASUS Sound Card>50w Chip Amp>cheap 2 way speaker)
James

Fluted Afro LP12, Khan, KEEL, Cirkus, Tranquillity, Urika, Radikal (with Allium Skin Mods), EKOS SE/1, sKale, DVXX-2mkII

NACish 72, NAPish 250, Kudos Super 20's

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer