Polly Paulsma "Slow Album"

Where would we be without the music?

Moderator: The Kurators

Mr Onion
Site Moderator

Polly Paulsma "Slow Album"

Post by Mr Onion » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:40 pm

Just had an email from Polly
Sending you all especially warm hugs this Christmastime. I feel like we all need one.

And this is news via email, just in case you missed it on social media, that I'm releasing a new album... it's called Pivot, and I'm releasing it very slowly, one song a month, across two years. A slow album.

It began as a crowd-sharing project but you can still join in if you want to. Or you can give it to a loved one for Christmas... truly the gift that keeps on giving.

This project, and the songs and recordings contained with in it, will not be made availably publicly until after the end of the two-year period. It's a private thing for backers.

If you'd like to be a part of it, all you need to do is follow these two easy steps....

1) send £10 via Paypal to polly@pollypaulusma.com
2) specify the email address of the desired recipient (you, or another?)

Then I will
3) add that email address to a list
4) send a song download code each month to that email

The first song is nearly ready to send; we are just doing last mix tweaks.

These songs have been accruing since 2012 and they tell all sorts of stories about the pivots we all perform daily in our roles as child, parent, partner, friend...

I do hope you'll want to be a part of it.

Sending you all love and my warmest wishes for a peaceful Christmas season and blessings in the New Year,

Polly P. x
Sounds interesting, and for only ten squid I'm in :smt023
James

Fluted Afro LP12, Khan, KEEL, Cirkus, Tranquillity, Urika, Radikal (with Allium Skin Mods), EKOS SE/1, sKale, DVXX-2mkII
Consonance Ref 2.2 Linear (upgraded) with Marigo Lab Aida CD Mat
NACish 72, NAPish 250, Kudos Super 20's

Mr Onion
Site Moderator

Re: Polly Paulsma "Slow Album"

Post by Mr Onion » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:50 pm

I have been meaning to post here all week, but the brain being what it is (ie a lump of soggy porridge) I kept on forgetting.

I got the first track on New Years Day downloable from Bandcamp (so any flavour you like up to WAV, the format it was recorded and uploaded in)

What can I say? If you like Polly (like a lot of us do) then you should sign up to this project. Its a great track to start the project. It only costs you a tenner to be part of it (thats £10 for the whole album delivered track by track) with the whole album being delivered over two years. Thats 24 tracks for £10. Bargain.

Oh, and in my experience the WAV sounded marginally better than the FLAC even though FLAC is supposed to be 'lossless' (Hard Drive>ASUS Sound Card>50w Chip Amp>cheap 2 way speaker)
James

Fluted Afro LP12, Khan, KEEL, Cirkus, Tranquillity, Urika, Radikal (with Allium Skin Mods), EKOS SE/1, sKale, DVXX-2mkII

Mr Onion
Site Moderator

Post by Mr Onion » Wed May 22, 2019 10:38 am

Just having another listen to the "Album So Far" and I am loving it. Its so Polly, clever lyrics and great tunes. Recording is pretty good as well. Vocals front and centre, instruments behind her, everything as it should be.

I am surprised that no one else has signed up for the album yet as we have a fair number of Polly fans here, and its only a tenner. :smt023

(streaming @ 800MBS+ from the NAS>wireless bridge>laptops built in DAC>HiFi)
James

dan steel
Queue Moderator

Post by dan steel » Wed May 22, 2019 12:29 pm

I would love the album in vinyl format, streaming is snow good for me. 8)
None foreign parts LP12 - Naim CD - Naim Amplication - Kudos Speakers.

Mr Onion
Site Moderator

Post by Mr Onion » Wed May 22, 2019 1:13 pm

dan steel wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 12:29 pm
I would love the album in vinyl format<snip>
Me too, but I don't think its possible to release a Vinyl LP one track at a time :smt017
Polly Paulsma wrote: <snip> will not be made availably publicly until after the end of the two-year period.<snip>
So who knows what might be available then. But in the mean time you can always save the WAV's and burn them to CD (at your CD writers slowest speed for best quality)

Go on, you know you want to :mrg:
James

Wenge1
Queue Moderator

Post by Wenge1 » Wed May 22, 2019 8:02 pm

dan steel wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 12:29 pm
I would love the album in vinyl format, streaming is snow good for me. 8)

......... yeah - what he said ............ 8)
Harban 'Wenge' Cymbiosis Signature LP12, Klimax Radikal / Urika, Karmen, Tranquility, Rubikon, Ekos SE, Skale, Krystal. Sarum Super Array IC's. Chord Signature speaker cable

dCS Puccini CD Player

KK/1(D), Klimax Twin (D), ProAc Response D2's

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer