What Are You Listening To January 2019

Where would we be without the music?

Moderator: The Kurators

dan steel
Queue Moderator

Re: What Are You Listening To January 2019

Post by dan steel » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:05 pm

Triple orange vinyl released 2018 - Excellent live album 8)

Dallas Green, aka City And Colour drops his latest offering Guide Me Back Home, it’s a collection of stripped back acoustic numbers played in intimate settings during his 2017 sold-out An Evening with City and Colour – Solo Canadian tour.

For anyone unfamiliar with Mr Dallas this would be the perfect introduction, with a sublime recording packed with beautiful, tranquil and emotive numbers all laid out for all to enjoy. Right from the off you are transported on an audible journey of first class song writing, in the split track ‘Forgive Me / Two Coins’ you get a taste of what’s to come, perfectly delivered and poised song writing that just envelopes you from start to finish. It’s a breathtaking album that pulls you in song-by-song, each one tugging further at your heartstrings and exposing your melancholy side for all to see.

You get all the subtle nuances from within the concert with Dallas talking between tracks that sets the tone to the evenings events, it all helps make you feel like you’re right there in the room. From the story of what inspired this tour through to his thoughts on social media and our addiction to it, you have Mr Dallas’ attention from start to finish.

Packed full with twenty audacious tracks you’ll not be feeling short changed by that fine recording, it truly is a beauty-awaiting discovery, so delve in and take it with both hands.
None foreign parts LP12 - Naim CD - Naim Amplication - Kudos Speakers.

Scooter

Post by Scooter » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:38 pm

Ryley Walker, Golden Sings That Have Been Sung...
"Never has so much been lost by so many, to satisfy so few"

Scooter

Post by Scooter » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:39 pm

dan steel wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:05 pm
Triple orange vinyl released 2018 - Excellent live album 8)

Dallas Green, aka City And Colour drops his latest offering Guide Me Back Home, it’s a collection of stripped back acoustic numbers played in intimate settings during his 2017 sold-out An Evening with City and Colour – Solo Canadian tour.

For anyone unfamiliar with Mr Dallas this would be the perfect introduction, with a sublime recording packed with beautiful, tranquil and emotive numbers all laid out for all to enjoy. Right from the off you are transported on an audible journey of first class song writing, in the split track ‘Forgive Me / Two Coins’ you get a taste of what’s to come, perfectly delivered and poised song writing that just envelopes you from start to finish. It’s a breathtaking album that pulls you in song-by-song, each one tugging further at your heartstrings and exposing your melancholy side for all to see.

You get all the subtle nuances from within the concert with Dallas talking between tracks that sets the tone to the evenings events, it all helps make you feel like you’re right there in the room. From the story of what inspired this tour through to his thoughts on social media and our addiction to it, you have Mr Dallas’ attention from start to finish.

Packed full with twenty audacious tracks you’ll not be feeling short changed by that fine recording, it truly is a beauty-awaiting discovery, so delve in and take it with both hands.

:smt023 Loved it, streamed it yesterday, it's on my list.

dan steel
Queue Moderator

Post by dan steel » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:11 pm

Scooter wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:38 pm
Ryley Walker, Golden Sings That Have Been Sung...

Fine album. :smt023

Steel City

Post by Steel City » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:17 pm

Brilliant album...CD
Music was my first love and it will be my last!

dan steel
Queue Moderator

Post by dan steel » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:26 pm

Double vinyl released 2014 - Blue Note Label produced by Glyn Johns, recorded at Sunset Sound in Los Angeles and features Tench handling lead vocals, piano and organs, joined by a team of collaborators including a core band of Don Was, Ethan Johns, Blake Mills and Jeremy Stacey and contributions by Ryan Adams, Gillian Welch & David Rawlings, Joel Jerome, Tom Petty and Ringo Starr, it cant fail. Great album. 8)

evil_C

Post by evil_C » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:48 pm

I've been listening to a lot of Emily Remler and Wes Montgomery today, but I thought it rude to ignore Grant Green. This is another great hard bop album, which I'd thoroughly recommend.

Scooter

Post by Scooter » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:47 pm

dan steel wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:26 pm
Double vinyl released 2014 - Blue Note Label produced by Glyn Johns, recorded at Sunset Sound in Los Angeles and features Tench handling lead vocals, piano and organs, joined by a team of collaborators including a core band of Don Was, Ethan Johns, Blake Mills and Jeremy Stacey and contributions by Ryan Adams, Gillian Welch & David Rawlings, Joel Jerome, Tom Petty and Ringo Starr, it cant fail. Great album. 8)

Another one for the list.

Wenge1
Queue Moderator

Post by Wenge1 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:53 pm

On vinyl ............ 8)
Harban 'Wenge' Cymbiosis Signature LP12, Klimax Radikal / Urika, Karmen, Tranquility, Rubikon, Ekos SE, Skale, Krystal. Sarum Super Array IC's. Chord Signature speaker cable

dCS Puccini CD Player

KK/1(D), Klimax Twin (D), ProAc Response D2's

Wenge1
Queue Moderator

Post by Wenge1 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:32 pm

On vinyl ............. :smt020
Harban 'Wenge' Cymbiosis Signature LP12, Klimax Radikal / Urika, Karmen, Tranquility, Rubikon, Ekos SE, Skale, Krystal. Sarum Super Array IC's. Chord Signature speaker cable

dCS Puccini CD Player

KK/1(D), Klimax Twin (D), ProAc Response D2's

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer