HMV

Where would we be without the music?

Moderator: The Kurators

FangfossFlyer

Re: HMV

Post by FangfossFlyer » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:12 pm

The store in York survives which is good news for me as it does, currently, have a good stock of vinyl at competitive prices,

Richard
"When the music's over, Turn out the lights"
Linn LP12-Naim-B&W

Wenge1
Queue Moderator

Post by Wenge1 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:17 pm

FangfossFlyer wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:12 pm
The store in York survives which is good news for me as it does, currently, have a good stock of vinyl at competitive prices,

Richard

Lucky you ........ :smt023
Harban 'Wenge' Cymbiosis Signature LP12, Klimax Radikal / Urika, Karmen, Tranquility, Rubikon, Ekos SE, Skale, Krystal. Sarum Super Array IC's. Chord Signature speaker cable

dCS Puccini CD Player

KK/1(D), Klimax Twin (D), ProAc Response D2's

Wenge1
Queue Moderator

Post by Wenge1 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:18 pm

Coyote Jim wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:09 pm
Update.
Three HMV stores in Scotland will close after Canadian firm Sunrise Records bought the collapsed music chain.
The firm will buy 100 stores across the UK out of administration, securing 1,487 jobs.
But 27 stores will close, including outlets in Ayr and the Braehead Shopping Centre near Glasgow, and the Fopp store on Byres Road in Glasgow.
HMV in Dundee, Aberdeen, East Kilbride, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Inverness, Livingston and Stirling remain open.
Fopp outlets in Edinburgh and Union Street in Glasgow are also unaffected by the closure programme.
HMV: Which stores are closing?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47132310

How far are you Jim from your nearest HMV that will stay open?
Harban 'Wenge' Cymbiosis Signature LP12, Klimax Radikal / Urika, Karmen, Tranquility, Rubikon, Ekos SE, Skale, Krystal. Sarum Super Array IC's. Chord Signature speaker cable

dCS Puccini CD Player

KK/1(D), Klimax Twin (D), ProAc Response D2's

Coyote Jim
Site Moderator

Post by Coyote Jim » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:17 pm

Wenge1 wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:18 pm
Coyote Jim wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:09 pm
Update.
Three HMV stores in Scotland will close after Canadian firm Sunrise Records bought the collapsed music chain.
The firm will buy 100 stores across the UK out of administration, securing 1,487 jobs.
But 27 stores will close, including outlets in Ayr and the Braehead Shopping Centre near Glasgow, and the Fopp store on Byres Road in Glasgow.
HMV in Dundee, Aberdeen, East Kilbride, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Inverness, Livingston and Stirling remain open.
Fopp outlets in Edinburgh and Union Street in Glasgow are also unaffected by the closure programme.
HMV: Which stores are closing?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47132310

How far are you Jim from your nearest HMV that will stay open?

Hi Adam,
Nearest HMV is fifteen miles away in Stirling and the nearest FOPP for my jazz fix is in Glasgow the one I go to is staying open but the other one that I enjoy a shoogle on the underground for has gone. :cry:
"Cymbiosis"
Analogue Klimax LP12, Linn CD, Analogue Linn Amp, Kudos Speakers. 8) :smt023
Coyote Jim :wink:

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer