Battery Operated Orchestra

Where would we be without the music?

Moderator: The Kurators

Mr Onion
Site Moderator

Battery Operated Orchestra

Post by Mr Onion » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:02 pm

a2064466144_10.jpg
Battery Operated Orchestra (or BOO) are the husband-and-wife DIY electronic duo of Brigitte Sutherland from Hobart and Chris Blackburn from Glasgow. Brie sings and plays theremin, Chris plays synthesizers and they are proud purveyors of irony-free synthpop.

They started out in 2010 dressing up as ghosts doing B-52s covers on a couple of Casiotones, and have released three EPs which are available on Bandcamp. They also make their own videos.
High-quality gatefold digipak handmade by BOO from the best materials; pearl and mirror-gloss paper, 600gsm 12-sheet card, pigment inks, Taiyo Yuden CD-R recorded at super low speed and protected by a high-density three-colour acetate sleeve. £9. Download in any flavour of your choice £5

http://batteryoperatedorchestra.com/

https://batteryoperatedorchestra.bandcamp.com/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
James

Fluted Afro LP12, Khan, KEEL, Cirkus, Tranquillity, Urika, Radikal (with Allium Skin Mods), EKOS SE/1, sKale, DVXX-2mkII
Consonance Ref 2.2 Linear (upgraded) with Marigo Lab Aida CD Mat
NACish 72, NAPish 250, Kudos Super 20's

Mr Onion
Site Moderator

Re: Battery Operated Orchestra

Post by Mr Onion » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:30 am

New album out next month via BandCamp (1's and 0's only. No physical release)

Seven Squid plus the dreaded VAT https://batteryoperatedorchestra.bandca ... /radiation

EDIT:- After asking Brie why there wasn't a touchy feely release, shes came back and said that there is, just the page was wrong. So 1's and 0's for £7 Shaving Mirror hand made with love by Brie and Chris for £10

... and worth every shirt button. :smt023

James

Fluted Afro LP12, Khan, KEEL, Cirkus, Tranquillity, Urika, Radikal (with Allium Skin Mods), EKOS SE/1, sKale, DVXX-2mkII

Mr Onion
Site Moderator

Post by Mr Onion » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:26 pm

Just had an email update from Brigitte and Chris.
header.png

Hello from Brigitte and Chris (BOO)!

We've been quiet for a while working on our new album and we have a surprise for you... We just couldn't wait any longer without releasing something so we're dropping a new single without warning!

You can see the video by clicking play below or get the single here.

Please share this wherever you can, every voice is worth so much to us, especially as we can't employ the teams of PR people that big labels use.

Love from Brigitte + Chris x

https://batteryoperatedorchestra.bandca ... l-7-single

video.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXMSMO7Kd80

BATTERY OPERATED ORCHESTRA (BOO) are the husband-and-wife duo of Chris Blackburn (Glasgow) and Brigitte Rose (Tasmania). They are proud purveyors of irony-free DIY synthpop.

Critics have compared their music to YMO, Cocteau Twins and Crystal Castles. It's a delicious crunch-up of radiophonics, J-pop, krautrock and imaginary children's TV music jumping from the 70s to the 80s to infinity.
At their live shows with their home-made film and light collages, audiences have been left beaming in the UK and Europe - even die-hard guitar-monkeys have been converted to their pulsating and playful synthetic sound.
They've been supported by BBC radio, WFMU and many other fine stations across the world. Their videos and CD artwork, which DJs have described as some of the most beautiful they've seen, are all hand-made by the band themselves with love and care.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
James

Mr Onion
Site Moderator

Post by Mr Onion » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:06 pm

New video from BOO for the new single from the (forthcoming) new album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzeOIbU8vo0
James

Mr Onion
Site Moderator

Post by Mr Onion » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:51 am

Two new videos are up. Check them both out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3ujAVEbwd8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1yM7jMLzIg Think Jean Michele Jarre and Kraftwerk and just enjoy
James

On the vinyl

Post by On the vinyl » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:20 pm

Thanks for the heads up James
Cd now on pre order.
Looking forward to it.
Can I ask where people are getting the Malia vinyl from as my usual guy can't seem to get it !
Lp12, Ekos se, radikal, kore, Krystal, Trampoline 2
and Mr Swains fairy dust.
Nap250,Nac82,High cap plus other Naim black and olive.
Tomorrow we enter the town of my birth, I want to be ready.

Mr Onion
Site Moderator

Post by Mr Onion » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:33 pm

Glad you like them Mike. I have been a fan since I first heard them many years ago. (and as I say, if you don't like the music you can always just look at Bridget :mrg: )

I got the latest Malia from amazon.de
James

On the vinyl

Post by On the vinyl » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:37 pm

Yeah, I know what you mean, she does have a, well
Certain style :wink:
Can you say what label Malia resides on so I might be able to point my guy in the right direction, supplier wise.
Or is it internet only as I know that some bands including the fab Ozric tentacles produce their own material and market it also, guess a bit like Boo.
Lp12, Ekos se, radikal, kore, Krystal, Trampoline 2
and Mr Swains fairy dust.
Nap250,Nac82,High cap plus other Naim black and olive.
Tomorrow we enter the town of my birth, I want to be ready.

Mr Onion
Site Moderator

Post by Mr Onion » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:46 am

On the vinyl wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:37 pm
<snip>
Can you say what label Malia resides on so I might be able to point my guy in the right direction, supplier wise.
Or is it internet only as I know that some bands including the fab Ozric tentacles produce their own material and market it also, guess a bit like Boo.

mps-music.com but the best price and availability is from amazon.de (I suspect you are like me and prefer to use real dealers, but sometimes there is no choice)
James

Mr Onion
Site Moderator

Post by Mr Onion » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:27 am

Another unashamed plug for Chris and Bridgette

bbc-introducing-1280x1280.jpg

BOO will be played on BBC Introducing: The South on Saturday! Tweet/ email/ text in to show your support!

It’s on 8-9pm GMT Saturday on BBC Sussex (95.3FM), BBC Surrey (104-104.8 FM) & DAB.

Tweet/Insta: @BBCIntroSouth

Text: (start texts with the word ‘radio’) on 81333 (normal rates apply)

Facebook: www.facebook.com/BBCIntroSouth

In case you miss it, the show will be available as a podcast to listen to again online for a month.

The last time I listened to BBC Introducing in the South it was a wee bit "Smashy and Nicey" but hey, its radio exposure and boy do they deserve it.
James

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer