Battery Operated Orchestra

Where would we be without the music?

Moderator: The Kurators

Mr Onion
Site Moderator

Re: Battery Operated Orchestra

Post by Mr Onion » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:48 am

Hello!

You're getting this e-mail because at some point you have downloaded our music, thank you!

Our new album Snare is out at last this Friday! We want to let you know first about a super-secret surprise we've been keeping... There is a spy code woven into the handmade physical release artwork!

It's quite tough so here's a clue to solving it: The code is in two parts, i.e. there are two sections of codetext to solve.

The first person to solve it will get a very special handmade gift package from BOO. You will only be able to enter this competition by getting a physical copy of the album to examine so apologies to the digital downloaders out there!

Good luck, and enjoy the album!

x Brigitte + Chris x

dfc9f1db-b9da-495f-852b-0d72d3fed528.png

https://batteryoperatedorchestra.bandca ... lbum/snare
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
James

Fluted Afro LP12, Khan, KEEL, Cirkus, Tranquillity, Urika, Radikal (with Allium Skin Mods), EKOS SE/1, sKale, DVXX-2mkII
Consonance Ref 2.2 Linear (upgraded) with Marigo Lab Aida CD Mat
NACish 72, NAPish 250, Kudos Super 20's

Mr Onion
Site Moderator

Post by Mr Onion » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:36 am

My copy arrived yesterday afternoon, so I gave it a quick spin then settle down for an in-depth listen today.

Firstly the packaging. Home made it may be, but home made looking it is not. Professional looking 3 gatefold card case with booklet in one side, CD is the other and secret code everywhere. I will have to delve into that later.

So, on to the music (which is what its all about after all) Chris and Brie live in Newhaven (which to the uninitiated is on the south coast near Brighton) and I think the music reflects this. Wonderful electronica for the Twenty-first Century (Think tamed down Kraftwerk mixed with a bit of Jean Michelle Jarre then maybe some Human League and a bit of Pet Shop Boys) with Brigettes ethereal voice hovering above and you still won't know how good this album is. Hypnotic, toe tapping, involving, yes its a bit good.

Yes, I know you know that I am a fan, but I think its transcends my bias. Just have a listen and make your own mind up.

AND thanks to BOO the first person to PM me will get a free download of the full album in the flavour of their choice.
James

Fluted Afro LP12, Khan, KEEL, Cirkus, Tranquillity, Urika, Radikal (with Allium Skin Mods), EKOS SE/1, sKale, DVXX-2mkII

On the vinyl

Post by On the vinyl » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:23 pm

Currently listening to Boo
Lp12, Ekos se, radikal, kore, Krystal, Trampoline 2
and Mr Swains fairy dust.
Nap250,Nac82,High cap plus other Naim black and olive.
Tomorrow we enter the town of my birth, I want to be ready.

Mr Onion
Site Moderator

Post by Mr Onion » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:15 pm

On todays "Bandcamp Daily"

Battery Operated Orchestra, or BOO, have an apt name; the U.K. duo make melancholic synth-pop with a polished atmosphere that never loses its sense of human scale. “Sweet Dreams” (no, not a Eurythmics cover) has a Ladytron feel (side note: Ladytron were the only good electroclash-related band and I will die on that hill) in both its synth atmospherics and vocal lines; elsewhere, their silky, airy melodicism and longing lyrics recall Saint Etienne. These are both good reference points, but BOO is also capable of sounding pretty unique, as on the standout “Bella,” which almost feels reminiscent of Japanese ‘80s city pop (bouncy synths and all) approached from a wholly contemporary perspective, or the uneasy “The Clearing,” with its sinuous, circular patterns and squishy beat. “Borders (Fall),” an instrumental piece, closes the album out on a meditative note; it’s a lovely, burbling ambient track, with the open-ended title suggestive of a better world.

–Jes Skolnik
https://daily.bandcamp.com/2018/08/10/b ... tification
James

Mr Onion
Site Moderator

Post by Mr Onion » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:39 am

Just had an email from BOO. If you haven't already bought "Incomplete until Broken" here is you last chance to get the FANTASTIC 3-colour acetate sleeve version. Its worth the entry fee for that CD sleeve/case/cover alone. Its a great album too.

batteryoperatedorchestra.com
Hello and Happy New Year!

We are excited about 2019 and are already back in the studio working on new music. We'll only be interrupting our recording for one very special live show (our first in Worthing) with fantastic friends Synthony 101 in support of a charity evening dedicated to the memory of Nadine Byrnes to celebrate what would have been her 50th Birthday.

Ticket proceeds will be going to Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation with raffle tickets (proceeds to St Barnabas House) to be sold on the night. It's going to be awesome fun in a fine venue for a great cause, we hope to see you there!

f3cc667e-8a36-4836-923b-417da24fc9b0.jpg

Lastly we've just made a new batch of our first album Incomplete Until Broken so it's back in stock - however due to the sheer amount of time involved in making these it will be the very last batch with acetate covers. Once these are sold out we'll be making them without the 3-colour acetate sleeve. There are only 20 going so if you don't have it now's the time to get the proper edition!

Have a BOO-tiful 2019!
x Brigitte + Chris x
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
James

Mr Onion
Site Moderator

Post by Mr Onion » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:32 am

a3923554221_16.jpg

In the Summer of 2018 BOO’s cold war-inspired album SNARE was released to critical acclaim, casting a long cool shadow on modern synthpop. The duo (Chris Black and Brigitte Rose) have now marshalled some bright new stars in electronic music to deliver a new take on their sonic world of spies and sin in SNARED (The Remixes).

Featuring Finlay Shakespeare, Automatic Gainsay, midierror, Chicky and Coco, preston.outatime, Matt Culpin (Dancing With Ruby), Analogue Solutions, Technomadic and Jan Doyle Band.

SNARED (The Remixes) will be a limited edition release of 50 CDs with 50 unique covers handmade by the band. Digital downloads will only be available while physical copies are in stock, once the CDs are sold out the downloads will also be deactivated. Pre-order now to avoid disappointment!
Released on April 22nd, order now on Bandcamp
James

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer