New Chord Sarum T range

You mean there's more to HiFi than a LP12?

Moderator: The Kurators

red kite

Re: New Chord Sarum T range

Post by red kite » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:36 pm

evil_C wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:30 pm
red kite wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:09 pm
It would be nice to have a Sarum T hydra!

Perhaps with the options of:

1 mains socket plug into 2 x IEC plugs
1 mains socket plug into 3 x IEC plugs

How about 1 mains plug into 6 x IEC plugs?
How about a new mortgage?
Anyone know a good divorce lawyer? :D

It would be nice to have the options!
At least a hydra plug lead set would be far more cost effective [and good for star-earthing] than having a single kettle lead + additional wall socket, for each and every component.
Divorce is not a worry for me in my household, i know the cats won't leave me :g-kitty:

Dave J

Post by Dave J » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:40 pm

Over the past fortnight I've been trying out a Sarum T snake in place of the regular Super Sarum and its proven to be an interesting comparison. I am in no doubt that the T upgrade is substantial and will be sending my "old" cable to Chord for upgrading next week (you can never go back can you :wink: ).

It's not Music on the "cheap" (and I do appreciate that that is a very relative term) but it does have a similar signature and lets you into the performance better than anything else I've heard other than Music. The real revelation was when, on Thursday, I took it over to a Gary Shaw's (don't think Gary posts here but it would be good if he did) to compare against the standard Naim Snaic. The result was pretty shocking really and resulted in Gary ordering one the following day.

Anyway, it's a superb cable and a must-do upgrade for anyone running an older version of Sarum.

Red Chris

Post by Red Chris » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:31 pm

Dave J wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:40 pm
Anyway, it's a superb cable and a must-do upgrade for anyone running an older version of Sarum.
........ or go straight to ChordMusic :smt020
Cymbiosis LP12 Woodsong Wenge, Klimax Radikal/Chord Sarum T, Keel/A, Khan, Tranquility, Urika/Chord SSA, Aro, sKale, Krystal - Sondek owner since 1982 - the rest is Naim Chord and Kudos 8)

Red Chris

Post by Red Chris » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:07 am

Some Sarum T arriving at the Red House on Tuesday 8) - perhaps not what you might expect, but little steps :smt002
Cymbiosis LP12 Woodsong Wenge, Klimax Radikal/Chord Sarum T, Keel/A, Khan, Tranquility, Urika/Chord SSA, Aro, sKale, Krystal - Sondek owner since 1982 - the rest is Naim Chord and Kudos 8)

Dave J

Post by Dave J » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:31 pm

What are you going for?

Red Chris

Post by Red Chris » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:00 pm

Changing the SSA power cable on the Klimax Radikal for a longer Sarum T one first.

Dave J

Post by Dave J » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:15 pm

Ooh, interesting! Did you order on spec or did you manage to do a comparison?

I've not yet had a chance to compare SSA and T power cables although I did hear a prototype Music at Chord a few months ago. Again, it was a pretty impressive addition (damn it) but I think I'm probably more inclined to upgrade my SSAs to Ts.

Will be very interested to hear what you think. When does it arrive?

Red Chris

Post by Red Chris » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:43 pm

It should arrive Tuesday. I still have the SSA currently - it is only 1M and the Sarum T will be 1.5M. This was a pre-arranged change. Having heard the Music on Urika that will probably be next, when I can afford it.

Red Chris

New Chord Sarum T range

Post by Red Chris » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:21 pm

Dave J

Post by Dave J » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:09 pm

Hey Chris, time for an update....

I've had my Snaic/Snake upgraded and it's not a small upgrade. Also had my streaming cables upgraded and Tidal is sounding pretty darned sweet.

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer