DacMagic XS

You mean there's more to HiFi than a LP12?

Moderator: The Kurators

Mr Onion
Site Moderator

DacMagic XS

Post by Mr Onion » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:17 pm

Has anyone any experience with this (or something similar)

Very occasionally I need to connect the Laptop to the HiFi. Right now its Laptop > HDMI > TV > TV DAC > Phono Output which sounds better than it has any right to IMHO. (Its not for any serious listening before you ask. Something for SWMBO)

I haven't tried the Laptops DAC as I am assuming its pants. The DacMagic has good reviews, and is reasonably priced @£70

Thoughts welcome.
James

Fluted Afro LP12, Khan, Kore, Cirkus, Tranquillity, Trampolin2, Radikal (with Allium Skin Mods), EKOS SE/1, sKale, DVXX-2mkII, HoL Mat

Lots of black boxes connected with bits of damp string.

kota

Re: DacMagic XS

Post by kota » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:56 pm

Hi James

I've got one of those and I've tried it from my laptop to the tuner input of my 72 with a 3.5mm/Din cable I made. Don't bother it's all I can say :smt018 My cd3.5 walked all over it by quite a margin.

It's fine for cheap earphones together with your laptop as it's much better than the latter internal dac but that's it :smt023

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Pedro
Fluted black LP12/Kore/Cirkus/Lingo1/aluminium solid base/Ekos1/Troika, Naim cd3.5/72K/HiCap/180, NACA5, Neat Mystiques2

Mr Onion
Site Moderator

Re: DacMagic XS

Post by Mr Onion » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:25 pm

Cheers mate. Thats some cash saved :smt023
James

Fluted Afro LP12, Khan, Kore, Cirkus, Tranquillity, Trampolin2, Radikal (with Allium Skin Mods), EKOS SE/1, sKale, DVXX-2mkII, HoL Mat

Lots of black boxes connected with bits of damp string.

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer