The HiFi Kabin has been optimised for Firefox, the fast and secure web browser. : Download Firefox

Leadership Change At Naim Audio.

You mean there's more to HiFi than a LP12?

Moderator: The Kurators

Craig Lang

Leadership Change At Naim Audio.

Post by Craig Lang » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:25 pm

From: Jill Nieuwoudt - Naim Audio Ltd 03 August 2018 Leadership Change at Naim Audio

It is with a mix of both sadness and deep gratitude that the Board of Directors announces Dr. Trevor Wilson’s departure as Managing Director of Naim Audio limited, effective August 17, 2018.

Since joining in November 2007, Trevor has played a critical role in the development and success of the organization. Trevor has delivered against his promised commitment to remain at Naim until the launch of the new streamers before his exit and leaves us to follow his ambition to set up his own business in Management consultancy. All at Naim Audio and Vervent Audio Group thank him for his contribution, dedication and vision, and sincerely wish him the best of luck with his new endeavour.

Trevor likewise wishes to thank everyone at Naim, Vervent Audio Group, the suppliers and distributors/retailers for a truly fantastic time and experience and wishes them all the very best for the future.

Over the next few months, we will be conducting a search to find the new Managing Director. During this transition period, it is our priority to find the best individual to lead, while still maintaining a stable and effective organization, remaining true to the Naim brand, its principles and its heritage.

Duncan Johns has been appointed interim Managing Director with immediate effect. Duncan has been working as a Management Consultant at Naim recently and has an exceptional background in electronics and engineering. In the past few years he has been responsible for the turnaround of a defence electronics business, a precision die caster and a global display technologies business. Prior to this he was responsible for the £1bn global aftermarket for Valeo (automotive manufacturer).

Duncan and I, as well as the rest of the Naim executive team members, Jim Totczyk (Operations Director), Paul Neville (R&D Director) and Clare Newsome (Sales and Marketing Director) will remain focused on delivering against our financial targets and ensuring we are able to respond to the demand of our customers and business partners around the world, whilst further investing in the brand, our products and our partners. This team has the full support and backing of Vervent Audio Group and in particular the group directors Christophe Sicaud (CEO) and Jean-Louis Pettier (CFO).

The board of directors with Vervent Directors, Christophe Sicaud and Jean Louis Pettier and the support of the Naim and Focal teams collectively, continue with the key mission to ensure Naim's profitability leads directly to re-investment and expansion all over the world.
Best regards,
Jill Nieuwoudt
HR Director

Coyote Jim
Site Moderator

Re: Leadership Change At Naim Audio.

Post by Coyote Jim » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:59 pm

WOW!
That's a major development did he jump or was he pushed. :shock:
There seems to have been a fair bit of instability there lately with names changing and retirements of sorts.
Let's hope the institution doesn't go the way of many previous ones.
Time will tell. :smt017
"Cymbiosis"
LP12,Cirkus,K-Radikal,Urika,Keel,Linn mat,Ekos SE/1,Kandid,Majik I Dynamik,Majik CD,
Kudos X3,Quadraspire Q4 EVO, Linn Silvers & K200 Black with Linn Knekt Bananas. 8) :smt023

evil_C

Post by evil_C » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:49 am

It reads very much as if it were his decision. That being said, I, along with a number of others from the Naim Audio forum, met him in April when he seemed fully focused on all things Naim, particularly the release and success of the new streamer models.

Whatever the reality, I wish him well and certainly hope that Naim Audio continues to thrive and maintain its reputation for audio excellence.

Coyote Jim
Site Moderator

Post by Coyote Jim » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:43 am

Mmmm
They're hardly likely to release a statement that incriminates themselves. :wink:
It'll soon be all made in China just like the others have gone. :lol:
"Cymbiosis"
LP12,Cirkus,K-Radikal,Urika,Keel,Linn mat,Ekos SE/1,Kandid,Majik I Dynamik,Majik CD,
Kudos X3,Quadraspire Q4 EVO, Linn Silvers & K200 Black with Linn Knekt Bananas. 8) :smt023

Craig Lang

Post by Craig Lang » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:04 pm

According to RD the green place dictator and I quote.

Just before the speculation takes off, I think it's important to let you know that Trev has had some fairly serious operations lately. It must have been very hard to go through these and try to recover while still running a business such as Naim Audio. I think that he needs some time and space to properly recover and spend some time with his family. He hung on to see through the successful launch of the new streamers, which is admirable under the circumstances. And with the fantastic response so far to the new streamers, that's a great swan-song! I believe Duncan was his choice to hold the fort until the best candidate for Naim's MD position is secured.

Coyote Jim
Site Moderator

Post by Coyote Jim » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:23 pm

Let's hope he has a very good recovery before taking on any other challenges.
Health is more important than anything else.
"Cymbiosis"

Mr Onion
Site Moderator

Post by Mr Onion » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:29 pm

Seconded. Life is far more important than HiFi

Take care Trevor
James

Fluted Afro LP12, Khan, Kore, Cirkus, Tranquillity, Trampolin2, Radikal (with Allium Skin Mods), EKOS SE/1, sKale, DVXX-2mkII, HoL Mat

Lots of black boxes connected with bits of damp string.

Craig Lang

Post by Craig Lang » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:37 pm

Yes life is to short.
They have far to many Dr's at the factory now. :smt036
Joking apart I wish Trev all the best for the future.
Everyone used to knock Paul but man did he do a great job as MD for all those years .
Shareholders are a pain in the bum to keep happy when all they want is more and more and more and more money. :smt013

FangfossFlyer

Post by FangfossFlyer » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:30 pm

Coyote Jim wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:23 pm
Let's hope he has a very good recovery before taking on any other challenges.
Health is more important than anything else.

Too true!
"When the music's over, Turn out the lights"
Linn LP12-Naim-B&W

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer