Katalyst Arrived.

You mean there's more to HiFi than a LP12?

Moderator: The Kurators

Scooter
Full Member
Posts: 4653
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:56 pm

Katalyst Arrived.

Post by Scooter » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:33 pm

Too jet lagged yesterday, not much better today. They are being rebuilt...
Image
Image
Just powered up.
Image
Image
Now for a couple of hours listening to clips over and over and over.
"Never has so much been lost by so many, to satisfy so few"

User avatar
dan steel
Queue Moderator
Posts: 9499
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:56 pm
Location: Liverpool

Re: Katalyst Arrived.

Post by dan steel » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:36 pm

Glad everything's sorted Keith, and you can now get back to some serious listening. :smt023
None foreign parts LP12 - Naim CD - Naim Amplication - Kudos Speakers.

Scooter
Full Member
Posts: 4653
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:56 pm

Re: Katalyst Arrived.

Post by Scooter » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:44 pm

dan steel wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:36 pm
Glad everything's sorted Keith, and you can now get back to some serious listening. :smt023

I wish, just had it handed over and we've got friends up from Oxford so we're out with them tonight. So I've got one hour. I had to go out whilst it was being set up, listening over and over to the same songs :smt015 . Credit where it's due he has done a cracking job, it sounds fantastic. I've also bought a cable from the power conditioner to the DS. He brought one to try and it really worked. So first up John Murry. It won't get any real playing until Friday and Saturday.
"Never has so much been lost by so many, to satisfy so few"

MHmusic
Full Member
Posts: 745
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:11 pm

Re: Katalyst Arrived.

Post by MHmusic » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:58 am

Sure you will love it though. The other joy is rediscovering the music you already have on your NAS. Keep us posted. :)

User avatar
vincent
Full Member
Posts: 73
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:00 pm

Re: Katalyst Arrived.

Post by vincent » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:23 pm

Enjoy - Kat gives you more of everything.

Had mine done a while back. Just wondering if there's scope, and room in there, for any further upgrade - maybe power amps? :smt020




Image

Scooter
Full Member
Posts: 4653
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:56 pm

Re: Katalyst Arrived.

Post by Scooter » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:01 pm

Well I think SWMBO summed up pretty well when asked what she thought. Her response "you hear the instruments more or more of them than you did before". The simplest answers are the best. I think the best upgrade I've done without changing the whole system. Tomorrow the Beatles White Album.
"Never has so much been lost by so many, to satisfy so few"

User avatar
Mr Onion
Site Moderator
Posts: 5562
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:13 pm
Location: Between two Super 20's

Re: Katalyst Arrived.

Post by Mr Onion » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:02 am

"Significant Others" have the knack of hitting the nail on the head, probably because 99% of the time they have no knowledge or interest in the technicalities of whats been changed.

Enjoy the new system
James
_________________

Fluted Afro LP12, Khan, KEEL, Cirkus, Tranquillity, Urika, Radikal (with Allium Skin Mods), EKOS SE/1, sKale, DVXX-2mkII

NACish 72, NAPish 250, Kudos Super 20's

MHmusic
Full Member
Posts: 745
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:11 pm

Re: Katalyst Arrived.

Post by MHmusic » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:38 am

Scooter wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:01 pm
Well I think SWMBO summed up pretty well when asked what she thought. Her response "you hear the instruments more or more of them than you did before". The simplest answers are the best. I think the best upgrade I've done without changing the whole system. Tomorrow the Beatles White Album.


Glad it's going well. I think it must be a SWMBO thing as it's the same here too. Especially in the demos and optimisation. Just nails it. :)

Can see you are working through some of your faves. i remember being fascinated by the reproduction of contemporary acoustic guitar and pianos when we did ours.

Wenge1
Queue Moderator
Posts: 3847
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:26 pm

Re: Katalyst Arrived.

Post by Wenge1 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:41 am

.
Congrats Keith, great to hear that your made up with your upgrade ...... :smt023
.
.
Harban 'Wenge' Cymbiosis Signature LP12, Klimax Radikal / Urika, Karmen, Tranquility, Rubikon, Ekos SE, Skale, Krystal. Sarum Super Array IC's. Chord Signature speaker cable

dCS Puccini CD Player

KK/1(D), Klimax Twin (D), ProAc Response D2's
.

Scooter
Full Member
Posts: 4653
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:56 pm

Re: Katalyst Arrived.

Post by Scooter » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:38 pm

MHmusic wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:38 am
Scooter wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:01 pm
Well I think SWMBO summed up pretty well when asked what she thought. Her response "you hear the instruments more or more of them than you did before". The simplest answers are the best. I think the best upgrade I've done without changing the whole system. Tomorrow the Beatles White Album.


Glad it's going well. I think it must be a SWMBO thing as it's the same here too. Especially in the demos and optimisation. Just nails it. :)

Can see you are working through some of your faves. i remember being fascinated by the reproduction of contemporary acoustic guitar and pianos when we did ours.

One track that shocked me was Two by Ryan Adams off Easy Tiger. There is a cymbal played on it that was there but wasn't (if that makes sense) but now it most definitely there. The separation of instruments is so much clearer, wish I had made time for the upgrade earlier.
"Never has so much been lost by so many, to satisfy so few"

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer