Akurate DS fault? or what?

You mean there's more to HiFi than a LP12?

Moderator: The Kurators

wiltshireman

Akurate DS fault? or what?

Post by wiltshireman » Fri May 10, 2019 4:45 pm

Hi All.
I recently upgraded my Majik DS to an Akurate DS but today I realised I have a little problem that I never encountered before. When playing a ripped cd and press the stop button on my remote it stops that track BUT instantly starts to play the next track and if I then press stop again it then play the next track and so on. I assume I have something set wrong somewhere or is this a fault somewhere?
Linn Keltik system using newly serviced LK100's x4 (soon to be 6) , LP12, Simon Price oak plinth, Lingo3, Ittok, DV 20X2 + Infinity magnet thingy and a certain bearing and a Linn T arm cable, Arcam Rphono, Akurate DSII, Innios Zen server. All Chord cables.

Scooter

Re: Akurate DS fault? or what?

Post by Scooter » Fri May 10, 2019 4:53 pm

That doesn’t sound right to me. Just tried it using this remote but you may have the new remote...

Is this the remote?
"Never has so much been lost by so many, to satisfy so few"

Scooter

Post by Scooter » Fri May 10, 2019 4:55 pm

Other than the remote does it do the same when using iPad, laptop, etc to control. If so then I would suggest the problem is with the remote.

wiltshireman

Post by wiltshireman » Sat May 11, 2019 1:52 pm

Hi Scooter.
As I see it I was using my pre amp remote and not the one that came with the DS. It has a stop button where the DS remote only has a pause button and the ipad using Roon only has a pause symbol too. Using the pause on all three items stops the music so I can only presume this is done deliberately by Linn. Will have to use the new one and put the old one away. Thanks for high lighting things for me. By the way my old remote is very similar to your pic and the new one is not and is far leaner in the button department. Cheers
Linn Keltik system using newly serviced LK100's x4 (soon to be 6) , LP12, Simon Price oak plinth, Lingo3, Ittok, DV 20X2 + Infinity magnet thingy and a certain bearing and a Linn T arm cable, Arcam Rphono, Akurate DSII, Innios Zen server. All Chord cables.

evil_C

Post by evil_C » Sun May 12, 2019 8:29 am

I don't have any experience of Linn streamers, but it's the same with Naim's latest generation of streamers - they don't have a stop button. You can only pause the stream. The only way to stop play is by putting the unit into standby mode.

wiltshireman

Post by wiltshireman » Mon May 13, 2019 10:39 am

The trouble today is there is no manual to refer to so no explanation to read, you are left to find everything out by chance. I know this is common with other things I have bought. yes I know i could have looked on line but I very much doubt it would have said anything about no longer having a stop button.This is where the Linn forum had its uses and I like many other will never forgive Linn for getting rid of it. A really bloody inconvenient thing to do! But there again I have here so all is not lost, thanks.

Gregg A.

Post by Gregg A. » Mon May 13, 2019 10:56 am

Here’s a link to REM 020 remote control manual:
https://docs.linn.co.uk/wiki/index.php/REM_020.

According to it, you can stop playback by pressing and holding pause button.

Scooter

Post by Scooter » Mon May 13, 2019 6:13 pm

I even tried it on this old remote (using the CD buttons) and it worked so it must be the new remote.

wiltshireman

Post by wiltshireman » Wed May 15, 2019 7:30 pm

Hi Scooter and Greg, press and hold pause WORKS!!!! Thanks for that.

Scooter

Post by Scooter » Thu May 16, 2019 6:37 pm

wiltshireman wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 7:30 pm
Hi Scooter and Greg, press and hold pause WORKS!!!! Thanks for that.

:smt023

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer