Covid Everywhere

Please do be polite and don't spill my beer

Moderators: The Krew, The Kurators

Scooter

Covid Everywhere

Post by Scooter »

We arrived to pick our grandchildren up a bit early as I was going to cut the grass. We have to drive past their school and was surprised to see some children coming out. We knew we were early so didn’t understand until we picked them up. One child has tested positive for covid so the class had been sent home. Three others are waiting for test results. He also attended an after school club so any child attended with him also have been sent home. My daughters class has two children whose family have members who have covid. Her partner has two schools with positive cases in mid cheshire. The senior school near us has also had cases in the sixth form and sent them home. Didn’t see anything like this in the first wave
Listening to a world beating hi-fi and world beating music (when it’s British).
Mr Onion
Site Moderator

Re: Covid Everywhere

Post by Mr Onion »

Thanks to all those people who thought that following the rules didn't matter to them its come back to bite us all. Hope you and yours are safe and well, and continue to stay that way.
James

Fluted Afro LP12, Khan, KEEL, Karousel, Urika, Radikal (with Allium Skin Mods), EKOS SE/1, sKale, DVXX-2mkII
Consonance Ref 2.2 Linear (upgraded) with Marigo Lab Aida CD Mat
NACish 72, NAPish 250, Kudos Super 20's
Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Mr Onion wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:46 pm Thanks to all those people who thought that following the rules didn't matter to them its come back to bite us all. Hope you and yours are safe and well, and continue to stay that way.
Thanks. When we got them home they washed their hands and put sanitizer on without us asking. They also got the lecture off Mum. When she puts her teacher voice on even I sit up. Where she works (the Wirral) is on the watch list so she has been really cautious. She and her partner are not going out which I think shows great commitment. She said it’s like being on lockdown with the exception of work.
DebsE

Post by DebsE »

Why is it that people think this is difficult? Did the world go stupid, or was it already so and we never noticed?

The selfish, self-entitlement of people beggars belief and (in my opinion) has caused a second wave to start.

Oh and before anybody starts, I have qualifications in Human Cellular Pathology (the study of disease at the Cellular and Sub-Cellular level - BSc), Human Immunology (MSc), and Molecular Genetics (PhD - appertaining to the control of the Human Immune System).

Wear a mask in public, stay socially distanced, wash hands regularly and STOP being selfish wankspangles!
Linn LP12 / Cirkus / Keel / Radikal / Trampolin II / Tiger Paw Tranquility / Ekos / Krystal / Silver T-Kable / Collaro Audio mat / Linto / Kairn III / 2x 2250s / Bi-amping Celestion 600 Si on K400 / Original Foundation speaker stands. Also Karik III / Numerik and Kremlin. All sitting on Söund Örganisatiön shelves (2) and tables (4). Okki Nokki RCM.
dan steel
Queue Moderator

Post by dan steel »

Johnson implemented the 6 people rule today coincidental it was the day after his kids christening shindig. :smt013
LINN - LP12 - Radikal - Urika - Keel - Karousel - EkosSE/1 - Kandid - Collaro Audio mat
NAIM - CD5si - Nac 202, HiCap DR, Napsc - Nap 200 DR - Headline, Hicap DR
KUDOS X3 speakers
KUDOS KS-1 speaker cable
FOCAL Elegia headphones
AKG K-702 headphones
DIY rack
Wenge1
Queue Moderator

Post by Wenge1 »

Scooter wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:46 pm We arrived to pick our grandchildren up a bit early as I was going to cut the grass. We have to drive past their school and was surprised to see some children coming out. We knew we were early so didn’t understand until we picked them up. One child has tested positive for covid so the class had been sent home. Three others are waiting for test results. He also attended an after school club so any child attended with him also have been sent home. My daughters class has two children whose family have members who have covid. Her partner has two schools with positive cases in mid cheshire. The senior school near us has also had cases in the sixth form and sent them home. Didn’t see anything like this in the first wave
Wishing you and all your family best wishes Keith.
LP12 - Klimax Radikal/Urika, Karousel, Keel, Karmen, Ekos SE, Skale, Kandid
CD Player - dCS Puccini CD Player + Scarlatti Master Clock
Amps - KK/1(D), Klimax Twin (D)
Speakers - ProAc Response D2's
Cables - Chord Sarum Super Arrays + Kudos KS-1 speaker cable
Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Wenge1 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:19 am
Scooter wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:46 pm We arrived to pick our grandchildren up a bit early as I was going to cut the grass. We have to drive past their school and was surprised to see some children coming out. We knew we were early so didn’t understand until we picked them up. One child has tested positive for covid so the class had been sent home. Three others are waiting for test results. He also attended an after school club so any child attended with him also have been sent home. My daughters class has two children whose family have members who have covid. Her partner has two schools with positive cases in mid cheshire. The senior school near us has also had cases in the sixth form and sent them home. Didn’t see anything like this in the first wave
Wishing you and all your family best wishes Keith.
Thanks, so far so good. The little boy who tested positive is still poorly. He got tested with his Mum as they both had symptoms. She tested negative but now has it and is really poorly. The little boy is poorly but is hopefully on the mend. The three junior schools near me all have bubbles off with children having tested positive. Two of those schools are in outlying villages away from the city centre. The advice now to schools is the child should stay off until tested. I’m not sure if one child is positive then the rest of the class should self isolate. The advice seems to be changing. One of the clogging points of serco’s testing is that when one child gets a positive test the whole class applies to get tested whether showing symptoms or not. I think they should be concentrating on those with symptoms. My daughter has online lessons prepped in case her class have to isolate. I’m glad she managed to get a holiday this summer.
The other situation we had was our local pub (not the Kabin) was closed over last weekend. Someone was in there a week last Saturday. On Sunday he had full blown symptoms, tested positive and is also really poorly. Gave his details to track and trace including the pub and the times he was in there. His mate went on the pub on Thursday night and asked how they had got on and whether they had got hold of everyone. They hadn’t got a clue so they got hold of the guys wife who confirmed he had covid. So they shut the pub down, contacted everybody who had been in whilst he had been in and the whole evening after. They did a deep clean and closed until the staff had been tested. It was closed for three days. So much for world leading track and trace. Where we live is in a “safe low infection” area. So it’s all fairly worrying. Stay safe everyone.
evil_C

Post by evil_C »

Surely the pub should have acted sooner. Why did the pub wait so long before taking action? Fear of having to lock its doors?
MHmusic

Post by MHmusic »

Discovered a local publican 'allegedly' spent the week in Spain returning to open up the pub the next day (when restrictions were first relaxed). Since then she has been back there several times and elsewhere in Europe (quite how she fits it all in I don't know) and never completely closed the pub anyway having 'lock-down lock ins'. Thankfully there has been no obvious casualty from all of this but it shows how differently people see it. I think other than that I only know one other person that I would say ignores the regs personally - but is careful that she doesn't compromise anyone else. She has been to 3 or 4 different countries now, 2 of them triggering quarantine if she had come back one day later, and generally considers herself bullet-proof. Has so many trips booked that she reckons she won't see her family until xmas due to the trips and the quarantines in between. To me it's barmy - but staying at home as we have is barmy to her, so..... no spring chicken either.

For me it's less the destination country that's a concern its the travelling, airports etc.

We are all different I guess.
Coyote Jim
Site Moderator

Post by Coyote Jim »

The Christmas decorations are in the shops.
Glad I didn't see this year coming :oops: :smt009
Turntable - LP12, Cirkus, Keel, Ekos SE/1, Kandid, K-Radikal, Urika.
Amplifier - Linn Majik I Integrated Dynamik.
CD Player - Linn Majik CD.
Speakers - Kudos X3.
Cables - Linn Silvers & K200 Black.
Support - Target TT4.
HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer