Tiger Paw Javelin In Box - Lovely

Everything relating to the ol' fruit box

Moderator: The Kurators

Garland

Re: Tiger Paw Javelin In Box - Lovely

Post by Garland » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:10 am

Can anyone comment on how it sounds? I have a Keel for Linn tonearm but I have an Itokk II and don't want to drill a hole for the arm support. SO I 've been looking for an Ekos 2 (SE is just too much $). The Javelin though sure looks like a good value. Any idea how it and an Ekos 2 would compare?

Coyote Jim
Site Moderator

Post by Coyote Jim » Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:50 am

Hi the Javelin is very well thought out and constructed with great attention to detail.
There are a few members on here the that know the manufacturer personally and were treated to pre production listening tests and very favourably it was received.
It's a different type of arm from the LINN ones in that it is a unipivot whereas the LINN arms are fixed gimbal bearings.
But really a listen is the best idea as owners of a particular type might prefer that anyway but lots of scope for discussion if they join in.
Hope this helps. 8) :smt023
"Cymbiosis"
Klimax LP12, Linn CD, Linn Amp, Kudos Speakers.
Coyote Jim :wink:

Mr Fixit
Trade Member

Post by Mr Fixit » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:19 pm

Yes and we are still awaiting the Ekos Keel version of the Javelin but having seen Roger last week I can report the Aro Keel version is close 8)

I few of the little glitches I had reported to Roger have also been ironed out :smt023

Just ordered another Javelin today............
Email: peter@cymbiosis.com
Web: http://www.cymbiosis.com

Garland

Post by Garland » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:37 pm

Heard from Roger last week that, hopefully, the Linn Keel version will be available in March. I can't wait.

Red Chris

Post by Red Chris » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:04 pm

I’m looking forward to re-investigating the Tiger Paw Javelin when the new variants become available 8)
Currently Cymbiosis LP12 Woodsong Wenge, Klimax Radikal/Chord Sarum T, Keel/A, Khan, Tranquility, Urika/Chord SSA, Aro, sKale, Lyra Kleos SL - Sondek owner since 1982 - the rest is Naim, Chord and Kudos 8)

Wenge1
Queue Moderator

Post by Wenge1 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:50 pm

Red Chris wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:04 pm
I’m looking forward to re-investigating the Tiger Paw Javelin when the new variants become available 8)

Welcome back stranger ............. :smt023
Harban 'Wenge' Cymbiosis Signature LP12, Klimax Radikal / Urika, Karmen, Tranquility, Rubikon, Ekos SE, Skale, Krystal. Sarum Super Array IC's. Chord Signature speaker cable

dCS Puccini CD Player

KK/1(D), Klimax Twin (D), ProAc Response D2's

Red Chris

Post by Red Chris » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:26 pm

Thank you :smt023 8)
Currently Cymbiosis LP12 Woodsong Wenge, Klimax Radikal/Chord Sarum T, Keel/A, Khan, Tranquility, Urika/Chord SSA, Aro, sKale, Lyra Kleos SL - Sondek owner since 1982 - the rest is Naim, Chord and Kudos 8)

greentrumpet

Post by greentrumpet » Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:23 pm

I see the Javelin for Linn is shown on the Cymbiosis site, I'm guessing this is the Keel compatible version. Has anyone tried it?

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer