Re: How to clean LP12 top plate?

Post by Coyote Jim » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:03 pm

evil_C wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:46 pm
Coyote Jim wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:15 pm
Pediatrik wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:10 pm
Speaking of cleaning, I realise a wee bit off topic, but how do you clean (black) Klimax boxes? I recently received a black Klimax box with more than a few fingerprints...

Hi Mikael.
Hope you're good.
I've never had to remove any marks from my K Rad but I'm informed that a slightly damp soft cotton cloth then air dry is the job.
Don't use furniture polish. :smt018 8) :smt023

Tha Klimax boxes are similar to those used by Naim. Naim Audio recommends window cleaning fluid applied sparingly with an open cell sponge. If you search on the Naim Audio forum you’ll see that this has been discussed at length recently. They even recommend a particular brand.

Hi Clive
Astonishing. :shock:
I've only ever on other stuff used lint free cotton at worst hot damped then dust dry. 8) :smt023
"Cymbiosis"
Klimax LP12, Linn CD, Linn Amp, Kudos Speakers.
Coyote Jim :wink:

evil_C

Post by evil_C » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:09 pm

Coyote Jim wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:03 pm
evil_C wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:46 pm
Coyote Jim wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:15 pm
Pediatrik wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:10 pm
Speaking of cleaning, I realise a wee bit off topic, but how do you clean (black) Klimax boxes? I recently received a black Klimax box with more than a few fingerprints...

Hi Mikael.
Hope you're good.
I've never had to remove any marks from my K Rad but I'm informed that a slightly damp soft cotton cloth then air dry is the job.
Don't use furniture polish. :smt018 8) :smt023

Tha Klimax boxes are similar to those used by Naim. Naim Audio recommends window cleaning fluid applied sparingly with an open cell sponge. If you search on the Naim Audio forum you’ll see that this has been discussed at length recently. They even recommend a particular brand.

Hi Clive
Astonishing. :shock:
I've only ever on other stuff used lint free cotton at worst hot damped then dust dry. 8) :smt023

Yes, I know, Jim. I tend to prefer huff and buff, but it is true that the Naim boxes seem to suck up finger prints. The finish on them isn't as good as on Linn Klimax either. Some dealers (and me) use cotton gloves when handling units to avoid the problem.

Coyote Jim
Site Moderator

Post by Coyote Jim » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:23 pm

image.jpeg
:roll: 8) :smt023
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Cymbiosis"

FangfossFlyer

Post by FangfossFlyer » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:22 pm

You can’t beat these gloves for keeping finger marks off your kit:

Richard
"When the music's over, Turn out the lights"
Linn LP12-Naim-B&W

Drops
Banned

Post by Drops » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:27 am

I would never use any canned spray polish on a LP plinth or top plate.
Infact I would never use it on any peace of audio equipment including loudspeakers.
One of the best things on the market today for cleaning any stainless steel Is good old baby oil with a cloth and kitchen paper.

Coyote Jim
Site Moderator

Post by Coyote Jim » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:27 pm

image.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Cymbiosis"

arm

Post by arm » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:36 am

Drops wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:27 am
I would never use any canned spray polish on a LP plinth or top plate.
Infact I would never use it on any peace of audio equipment including loudspeakers.
One of the best things on the market today for cleaning any stainless steel Is good old baby oil with a cloth and kitchen paper.

I got the canned spray polish recommendation from my dealer. He got it many moons ago from a woman assembling an LP while he was on a Linn factory tour and asked the question " how do I get my finger prints off the top plate"? She looked at him like he was born yesterday and held up a can of furniture polish.

HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer