Can I please remind everyone to ensure that their email addresses are up to date.

Thank you.

Insurance for Record Collection /Hifi

You mean there's more to HiFi than a LP12?

Moderators: The Krew, The Kurators

Mr Onion
Site Moderator

Re: Insurance for Record Collection /Hifi

Post by Mr Onion »

Just had the renewal notice for the Home Insurance from Aviva, my current insurer

Unlimited buildings and contents, HiFi is NOT classed as a valuable (confirmed by phone and email) Accidental damage, legal and Home Emergency included

Usual excesses

£1-75 LESS than last year :o
James

Fluted Afro LP12, Khan, KEEL, Karousel, Urika, Radikal-2 A (with Allium Skin Mods), EKOS SE/1, sKale, DVXX-2mkII
NAIM CD 5si with Marigo Lab Aida CD Mat
ThePre, ZAP 250, Kudos Super 20's
Wenge1
Queue Moderator

Post by Wenge1 »

Mr Onion wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 7:03 pm Just had the renewal notice for the Home Insurance from Aviva, my current insurer

Unlimited buildings and contents, HiFi is NOT classed as a valuable (confirmed by phone and email) Accidental damage, legal and Home Emergency included

Usual excesses

£1-75 LESS than last year :o
How much mate?
LP12 - Klimax Radikal 2/Urika, Harban Plinth, Karousel, Keel, Karmen, Ekos SE, Skale, Lyra Atlas
CD Players - Roksan Caspian M2 CD Player, dCS Puccini CD Player + Scarlatti Master Clock
Amps - KK/1(D), Klimax Twin (D)
Speakers - Kudos S20 A's in Santos Rosewood
Cables - Linn Silver RCA & K200 speaker cable
Mr Onion
Site Moderator

Post by Mr Onion »

£382.37 for everything.

ins.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
James

Fluted Afro LP12, Khan, KEEL, Karousel, Urika, Radikal-2 A (with Allium Skin Mods), EKOS SE/1, sKale, DVXX-2mkII
Wenge1
Queue Moderator

Post by Wenge1 »

Mr Onion wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 1:50 pm £382.37 for everything.

Thanks James ....... :smt023
LP12 - Klimax Radikal 2/Urika, Harban Plinth, Karousel, Keel, Karmen, Ekos SE, Skale, Lyra Atlas
CD Players - Roksan Caspian M2 CD Player, dCS Puccini CD Player + Scarlatti Master Clock
evil_C

Post by evil_C »

Wenge1 wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:19 pm

We went with Aviva in the end last year because they were cheaper than our previous insurer. However, I really drilled down on the accidental damage quote and asked if, for instance, they would uphold new for old replacement if I happened to catch a cantilever on a duster (a common occurrence, but something which I exercise caution to avoid). I was told that damage during cleaning is not covered. That’s worth bearing in mind if you had to make such a claim - you’ll probably find that you caught it on your sleeve instead.
Mr Onion
Site Moderator

Post by Mr Onion »

IIRC a lot of Insurance Companies exclude damage while cleaning due to the 'was it being cleaned in the correct manner' question
James

Wenge1
Queue Moderator

Post by Wenge1 »

evil_C wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:04 am
Wenge1 wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:19 pm

We went with Aviva in the end last year because they were cheaper than our previous insurer. However, I really drilled down on the accidental damage quote and asked if, for instance, they would uphold new for old replacement if I happened to catch a cantilever on a duster (a common occurrence, but something which I exercise caution to avoid). I was told that damage during cleaning is not covered. That’s worth bearing in mind if you had to make such a claim - you’ll probably find that you caught it on your sleeve instead.
Good to know ........ :smt023
HiFi Kabin : Disclaimer